Thursday, March 14, 2019

Mango Snowfetti

My 3 friends agreed to share this ice dessert with me so there we are, at Snowflake, Midvalley to try the Mango Snowfetti at MYR 28.20+ (6% SST = MYR 29.90 nett).

Very delicious pure mango taste as the ice is made from mango with cubes of mango, jelly ai yu, sweet potatoes balls, taro balls, tapioca balls which is very springy and mango puree. It is just as sweet as mangoes so it is not overly sweet.

The ice shavings are very fine and soft. Although not powdery like the bingsu at HanBing, it was still fluffy and light.

We also ordered this hot dessert - Ginger Sweet Soup Tofufa (hot) at MYR 11.90+ (MYR 12.60 nett). There is one slice of ginger, one big date, one longan, two sweet potatoes balls, two taro balls and two sesame balls.

Both the receipts. All seats were fully occupied at 1 pm and around tea time (3 pm), there was a long queue. Guess everyone must be waiting for Snowflake to be back at Midvalley Mall.

 I wonder what is the difference between Mango Supreme and Mango Deluxe apart from the price. I will try one of them with my friends because I want to try the Mango Sorbet ice ball.

I will also try one of the items under the Matcha series with my friends to see whether it is good enough to replace Nana's green tea ice dessert - Matcha Shiratama Slushy - as my favourite green tea dessert.

We ordered the top item - Ginger Sweet Soup Tofufa (hot).

They use local Chokanan mangoes.

Eat more mangoes in June.

Must try Mango Deluxe next time.

12 comments:

  1. I love tofu fa but I am not into ginger soup. Gula Melaka for me, anytime. Wow!!! Almost RM30 for the mango thing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Guess you don't like the "heat" of the ginger. That mango ice is huge, can be shared by 4 pax.

      Delete
  2. Maybe it's just the size that's different?

    Looks good but wow rm30 for a dessert.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Size is about the same. The differences are: snowfetti has ice made from mango juice/puree and no mango sorbet. The other two have clear translucent ice so I don't know what it is made of and they have mango sorbets. Huge portion and made from real mangoes, not cordial or mango concentrates so that accounts for the price. Bingsu also is around this price.

      Delete
  3. Rm 30 for the dessert! But it is ok as you share it with your three friends so you get to try it, i like toufu fa but prefers it sweet with gula melaka.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Must be a big portion for that price. Love tofu fa with ginger syrup. Mango dessert looks yummy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yes, portion is huge. Must share. Ginger syrup is an alternative to the usual gula melaka syrup served elsewhere.

      Delete
  5. I love mangoes and I believe I would enjoy the mango snowfetti.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yes you will but must share else you will be satiated before you can finish the huge portion.

      Delete
  6. the way u described it made it so delicious!! I'm gonna find one day to try it out.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You can go to the branch in Kuchai Lama to see if they serve snowfetti too if you can't go to Midvalley Mall. Must share cos portion is huge.

      Delete