Saturday, March 2, 2019

Lunch and Dinner

What do you call lunch and dinner eaten in one meal at about 3pm? This meal was our lunch and dinner. My favourite prawn dish - salted egg yolk prawns (8 prawns) at MYR 35.85++ (10% service charge and 6% sst = MYR 41.60 nett so each prawn is about MYR 5.20 nett).

We also ordered braised carp fish belly at MYR 41.60 nett. This dish is too salty for us so we will not be ordering it again. There are just two pieces that are fully fish meat. The rest are mainly the backbone with a thin layer of the surrounding fish meat. We also had to be very careful with the fish bones.

Total price for 2 pax is MYR 97.95 nett. A satisfying meal despite the fish being salty but we will be back here (Canton-i) for our meals once in a while just for the prawns.

18 comments:

  1. I call it lunchner LOL, Dragon i and Canton i are a few of my favourite restaurants when I go JB, I got to know about them through your blog :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good that you like the food there. Sharing is caring! :D

      Delete
  2. I love both the dishes that you ordered. That pork looks so enticing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Bahaha Ya~I agree with Libby-Lunchner sounds just right. :)

    The salted egg salt must be really good.

    ReplyDelete
  4. basically you only spent around RM50 for 2 for each meal. Prawn dishes are expected to be pricey.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes they are, especially for tasty ones.

      Delete
  5. That is too early for dinner. Hmm. You didn't go hungry in the evening??

    I thought that was braised pork belly. Carp belly? Never had that before.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. STP thought the same too. Fish belly. In the evening, will just eat an orange and some nuts such as raw almonds, walnuts or pecans.

      Delete
  6. I like having early dinner. Next time I go to Dragon-i, I want to try those dishes.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The prawns are good, but the fish belly is too salty.

      Delete
  7. Haha exact question I was grappling with recently. Couldn't find a word on the same level as 'brunch' which is widely understood.

    The fish looks good actually. But no fun lah if there's not enough meat.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There are two pieces of fully meat but still, there is a lot of bones.

      Delete
  8. The salted egg yolk prawns is one of my favourite too.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I like salted egg prawn. My fav!!!

    ReplyDelete