Tuesday, March 12, 2019

WG The Kraken

The last time I was at Publika Mall was back in 2015, about 4 years ago. Recently my friends wanted to buy customised smartphone casings at the flea market there so we ate lunch at The Red Bean Bag which I previously visited on Sunday 29 March  2015.

The Kraken - MYR 30++ (10% service charge, 6% SST = MYR 34.80 nett). Squid ink pasta with one whole grilled tender squid in creamy curry sauce. My friend ate everything except the deep fried curry leaves so I believe this dish is tasty. A glass bottle of plain drinking water is provided foc.

I ordered this dish because it has the RBB recommended sign next to it - Black Sheep at MYR 32++ (MYR 37.12 nett) - not a PC name for a burger but the lamb patty is juicy, not fatty with the nice fragrance of lamb. The slices of gherkin are very appetising. There are tomatoes, onions, lettuces, sunny side up egg, and mayo. The two rings are deep fried onion rings. As I do not eat runny yolk, I gave the egg to my friend. Kept half of the burger and fries for dinner.

Fowl Luck - MYR 26++ (MYR 30.16 nett). There is one whole chicken leg and half a chicken breast on top of roasted potatoes and mushrooms so big eaters will be full after finishing this dish.

Two of my friends shared The Softshell crab burger MYR 35++ (MYR 40.6 nett) which has a special spicy sauce. The plate of hash brown costs MYR 7++ (MYR 8.12 nett).

Total bill for 5 pax is MYR 174 nett. An average of MYR 34.80 nett per pax. Two of my friends ordered flat white to go at MYR 10++ (MYR 11.60 nett) each.

 
Counter at RBB

Interior - decorated with Bean Bags hanging on the wall.

The Red Bean Bag is located on Floor 1. It has a bench for people who need to wait for seats to sit on.

14 comments:

  1. I like deep fried curry leaves but I'm not into squid ink pasta.

    ReplyDelete
  2. the food name sounds funny. Anyway I would order the squid ink pasta coz I like squid!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That squid pasta dish is not commonly found so worth a try if you like squid.

      Delete
  3. I like the look of the burgers. Never tried squid ink pasta, I wonder how it taste like.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Don't think it has any taste on its own.

      Delete
  4. I am not used to the squid ink pasta. I would love to try the Black Sheep and the Soft shell crab burger.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Same as nancy, the black sheep sounds appealing to me. I have not tried squid ink pasta before.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The ink does not have any specific taste so it all depends on the sauce of the pasta.

      Delete
  6. This place is going from strength to strength. There weren't so many items some years back when I was working near Publika. Looks like interesting items too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, it seems like their business is still very good.

      Delete