Wednesday, March 6, 2019

WG Kanna Curry House

Kanna Curry House is well known for its banana leaf rice and even though I have had my fair share of banana leaf rice, I have not been to this eatery so here I am.

Basic banana leaf rice with refillable 3 types of vegetable side dishes (cabbage, curried radish, cucumber with raw onions) with 5 types of curry gravy and rice costs MYR 6.60+ (6% SST per pax = about MYR 7). A tasty and fresh piece of deep fried tenggiri fish is MYR 6.20+ (MYR 6.60 nett). The small plate of prawns in curry gravy to be shared by 4 of us costs MYR 13.80+ (MYR 14.63 nett) so it is about MYR 3.66 nett per person.

Three types of curry gravy for unlimited usage: dal (mung bean) curry, fish curry, chicken curry. There are another two types of curry gravy: crabs curry and vegetable curry.

My portion: A few pieces of poppadom, 1 piece of deep fried tenggiri (mackerel) fish, 3 small prawns, banana leaf rice (small portion), default 3 vegetables dishes with a bit of each 5 types of curry gravy. A satisfying meal despite the curried radish being too salty (MYR 17.25 nett). I did not order a drink because I know I would be too full to eat and drink at one sitting.

Total bill for 4 pax: MYR 75.25 nett. On average about MYR 18.80 per pax because my 3 friends ordered a Teh O Limau (Lime Tea) drink MYR 2.10 nett each.

Kanna Curry House at PJ.

Drinks Menu with prices inclusive of 6% SST.

Food Menu with prices inclusive of 6% SST. The words that are not clear are "Thosai Ghee / Paper" and the price for Thosai Rawa is MYR 2.60 nett. Vadai / Karipap / Pisang Goreng is MYR 1 nett per item.

Food Menu with prices inclusive of 6% SST. I will be back to eat their fresh deep fried mackerel fish (tenggiri fish) at MYR 6.60 nett per piece.

14 comments:

  1. Wow I would like to try the mung bean curry, crab curry and vegetables curry to see how different they taste. Usually I order chicken and lamb for banana leaf rice but next time I want to order fish and prawns

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will also order lamb and my friends would prefer to order chicken to share.

      Delete
  2. I've heard of this place before, not sure if I've been or not. I love banana leaf!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Maybe you have been here because it is famous for banana leaf rice.

      Delete
  3. You are making me crave for banana leaf rice! I have been to Kanna 2 or 3 times but did not go back as my brother prefers to go to Krishna Curry House.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. which one do you prefer? Kanna or Krishna?

      Delete
  4. I prefer to eat banana leaf rice using hand. It has been awhile since I last had one!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. wow! you are truly msian, can eat using hands! *thumbs up*

      Delete
  5. Yummy! Long time have eaten banana leaf curry rice.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I was there recently. Nice to have BLR once in a while and this place is not bad.

    ReplyDelete