Thursday, December 27, 2018

WG Ice and Egg

Continuing from yesterday's lunch story, I ordered the signature ice dessert at MYR 13+ (6% SST = MYR 13.78 nett). You can see the default 5 toppings in the photo above, clockwise from the top: grass jelly, jelly ai yu, tapioca pearls, taro and sweet potatoes balls.

I like all the toppings including the tapioca pearls because they are soft, just like jelly unlike other places that serve tapioca pearls that can be hard to chew because they are too springy. Ai yu jelly is made from seeds of the fruit of the creeping fig plant (Ficus pumila var. awkeotsang). You can read how Ai yu Jelly is made from this wiki article.

I did not expect the portion to be this huge so I had to request my friends to help me finish it.

I scooped half the ice into another bowl for my friends. My friends found this ice dessert to be very sweet when compared to their milk tea but I don't feel so as I did not drink their milk tea so I cannot detect the contrasting degree of sweetness.

I like the taste of brown sugar in this ice dessert. Since I can't be just eating a cold dessert for lunch, I also ordered a ham and cheese egg roll at MYR 9.90+ (MYR 10.49 nett) so the total lunch price for me is MYR 24.27 nett.

A better view of the ham and egg roll. I ate 3 pieces and gave 1 each to my two friends. I believe those who cook meals at home can easily make this savoury pancake roll. Since I don't cook, I have to order them in eateries. They taste fine so I may have them again.

There are 3 different types of ice dessert in the menu and I chose Q01.

These 6 items are listed in the "Must Eat of Taiwan" section of the menu. I have eaten all 6 items in Taiwan before. This time, I ordered G04 because I did not want to eat rice nor noodles and I like to eat savoury egg pancake rolls.

The receipt still uses the name "Tropicana City Mall" instead of "3 Damansara Shopping Mall". The total price for 3 pax is MYR 46.45 making it an average of MYR 15.48 per pax mainly because my two friends shared one main dish so the price is not as much as when each person ordered 1 main dish each.

12 comments:

  1. I like taro and sweet potato balls topping, so G07 is for me, hee hee, looking at your post title, I thought got a new dish is egg mixed with ice LOL

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hhhmmm, so far I don't think I have eaten whole egg with ice unless it is iced tong sui with eggs beaten into it.

      Delete
  2. Ahhhh...the scallion pancake! Like roti canai, got a post on that...coming soon. The gua bao looks tempting!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I believe you will like the gua bao because it has tasty pork belly in it! :D

      Delete
  3. I have not tried any of these Taiwanese desserts but my brother has and he likes it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Go and try them out with him one fine day?

      Delete
  4. It is very warm tonight! How nice if I have a bowl of your ice dessert.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It would be great if everytime it is hot and we wish for a bowl of ice dessert then it would appear!

      Delete
  5. That dessert looks very nice. The more you post this kind of thing, the more I feel like eating them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Do go try if you are interested!

      Delete
    2. No shop selling this on my usual routes (luckily also lah. I need to lose a bit of weight)

      Delete
    3. Eat this and not eat rice on that day so it is just a replacement of rice. Won't gain weight.

      Delete