Tuesday, September 19, 2023

Slow Cook Livers

On Tuesday 19.sep.2023, went to Midvalley Mall. Usually he parks at basement 4 of the gardens mall where there are plenty of parking spaces but I requested him to park near Aeon Supermarket so he used the C entrance basement 2. After doing many rounds and not getting a parking space he exited the car park in frustration and used A entrance basement 1 instead to reenter and luckily this time there are some parking lots available so he parked the car and we took the elevator directly to the highest level in midvalley mall as it is near 12 noon lunch time so we need to hurry to get a table at Man Kee HK Beef Noodle eatery because it gets filled up very fast. The elevator exit is at the cinema level 5 and we quickly walk to the eatery and managed to get a table.

11.55 am - he chose the chicken rice MYR 20+ and I chose the slow cooked chicken liver MYR 10+ because I wanted chicken liver and gizzard but they only allow either liver or gizzard in one serving so if I want both I had to order liver MYR 10+ and gizzard MYR 10+ which I don't think we can manage to eat both dishes so I decided on livers instead of gizzards. The livers are delicious in the light sesame soy sauce gravy which brought out the deep satisfying creamy taste of the livers, similar to eating creamy foie gras.

11.58 am - signature pork offal noodle MYR 17+ which I suggest that he eats because he likes to eat pork noodles. We select mihun instead of horfun or wanton noodles. It is a pity that they don't provide the option of having more than one type of noodles.

His cup of hot HK style milk tea mixed coffee MYR 8+ which is way too milky for him so I had to drink it all. The milk tastes similar to strong unprocessed goat's milk.

11.56 am - size comparison 

11.54 am - my HK style cold milk tea MYR 8+ which is in my fridge now as I brought it home due to the strong milk. My egg tart with very milky soft smooth egg custard and very flaky pastry layers of skins.

12.24 noon - total MYR 75.35 nett and I completed my omad after this heavy lunch.

Morning: 44.4
Next morning: 44.1

12.28 noon - look at the yellow moon, just like a golden egg yolk. Moon cake festival decorations at South Court Midvalley Mall.

10.04 am - I need to clear the halves of avocado from the fridge so I ate breakfast before going to Midvalley Mall. The halves of avocado are from his breakfast of two days. I ate them with two slices of bread and I also ate all the remaining fries from burger king.

No comments:

Post a Comment