Saturday, April 29, 2023

Milky Soup

On Saturday 29.apr.2023, went to Golden Chopsticks to buy lunch for the Elderlies. We ate lunch at Taiwan Braised Pork Rice eatery at Sri Petaling which is a few shop units away from Golden Chopsticks.

11.11 am - during our previous visit to the branch in Desa Petaling, I put in a wrong order for pork knuckles dry noodles so this time I make up for my error by ordering the correct item which is pork knuckles soup noodles MYR 14.90++ for him and a side dish of braised tofu and an egg MYR 6.90++ for myself. Sharing a glass of ice coffee MYR 5.90++between the two of us.

Unfortunately when the bowl of soup noodles was served, we noticed that the soup is white in colour. He tasted it and said that the soup has milk in it. As I am ok with milk, I couldn't detect the milky taste in the soup. Since the soup tastes milky to him, he didn't drink it but just ate some noodles and the pork knuckles. He gave half the portion of noodles to me to eat. Must remember not to order the soup version next time.

11.32 am - total price is MYR 32.15 nett for two pax.

11.33 am - shop front of Taiwan Braised Pork Rice eatery in Sri Petaling.

4.56 pm - his chapfan no rice dinner from Fatty Mixed Rice Sri Petaling. He bought 3 packs of chapfan from there for the Elderlies and himself MYR 24 nett.

2 comments:

  1. Oh, so the soup version was milky. Interesting as I have never seen such dish here. Usually fish or beef or lamb served with milk in soup.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ya, when I was in Taiwan I don't think the soup there is milky also. Don't know why this soup decides to make milky soup for braised pork trotters. What a shock to see the soup is milky.

      Delete