Friday, April 28, 2023

Kampar noodles

On Friday 28.apr.2023, went to Swee Hing coffee shop for brunch because it was closed when we went there on Wednesday.

10.20 am - kampar fish ball mihun horfun soup small portion MYR 8.50 nett with add-ons:
2 bursting pork balls MYR 1.50 nett each
2 ginger pork balls MYR 1.50 nett each
1 daikon fried item aka ipoh turnip spring roll MYR 2 nett
So the total price is MYR 16.50 nett.

It is bought from the stall shown in the photo below:

Kampar noodles stall in swee hing coffee shop.

I bought 3 items as add-ons except for the kampar pok pok chui which refers to deep fried bean curd sheets.
The original flavour pork ball MYR 1.5 each is the usual bursting pork ball with sesame oil taste in the minced pork fillings in the main pork ball.
Ipoh ginger pork ball MYR 1.5 each has a very strong ginger taste and I suspect it is made with pork meat, pork tendon and ginger.
Ipoh turnip spring roll MYR 2 is not the usual type of spring roll because it is not a roll but chopped up pieces of daikon compressed into a squarish block with a little flour or starch and deep fried. I will buy it again because I couldn't remember it's taste and texture.

10.20 am - the bowl on top contains one piece of turnip spring roll MYR 2 and the ice Hainan char drink MYR 3.2 is shared between the two of us.

10.17 am - he ate 3jc dry mihun MYR 9 nett. He bought roast duck meat MYR 10 for his dinner.

2 comments:

  1. It becomes a premium meal with all the add-ons! Aunty here thinking this used to be a simple no-fuss meal haha. Oh ya growing up in Ipoh my nearby coffeeshop stall offered that Ipoh ginger pork ball which I rarely take and that turnip fried thing which I always take. It's my fav and should be 'sengkuang' inside rather than daikon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ya I also think it is jicama aka sengkuang but it writes the name as turnip so I put it as daikon. Let me eat it again to see whether it is daikon or jicama or cannot tell.

      Delete