Sunday, August 16, 2020

Unmemorable Name

This is the corner coffee shop at the other end of Swee Heng coffee shop in Sri Petaling. It occupies two shop lots.

Who can remember a coffee shop with the name BC and S enterprise? Not me. For Saturday 15 August 2020 d151, it is takeaway day so I went to Sweet Heng and this coffee shop to buy food for the whole day and more.

9.14 am - Mee Hoon pork from Swee Heng at MYR 6.50 nett.

9.30 am - prawn mee on the right from SH at MYR 7 or is it MYR 6, not very sure. On the left is the Mee Hoon pork for my portion.

9.54 am - I ate my prawn mee Hoon mix with yellow noodles. The livers are from the pork Mee Hoon. I requested for just a bit of broth to be put together with the noodles so it was like a dry version of prawn noodles. Very tasty, I like it. Will definitely buy again this way.

10.33 am - A pack of nasi lemak with curry potatoes and sotong sambal at MYR 6 nett. The stall is named Bumbu and is located in BC&S. The 3 curry potatoes puffs are from the same stall at MYR 1 nett each. Bought sotong sambal because I didn't want their fried chicken and curry chicken so decided to try the sotong sambal. Kept the nasi lemak in the fridge for the next day because there are more than enough food for Saturday.

The marble cake MYR 7 nett is from BC&S while the kaya puff MYR 1.70 nett is from SH.

10.37 am - I ate two slices of marble cake to test the taste. No butter taste. It is not dense. It is sweet but can taste the saltiness too. Oily. If I yearn to eat cakes and I am not dropping by TK or RT Pastry in Sri Petaling, I will buy this cake again.

11.19 am - I finished the portion of Mee Hoon pork kept for me.

1 pm - he ate half the ckt MYR 7 nett for lunch and kept the remaining for me.

5.30 pm - I ate my portion of ckt and finished it. Nice, it is like eating char kueh cos they all lumped together but I like it.

5.33 pm - our favourite pork trotter wanton Mee from BC&S at MYR 7.50 nett. I just ate one piece of meat and one twirl of noodles on a fork. I also bought a big portion of pork trotter wanton noodles from a stall from SH for MYR 9 nett and kept it in the fridge for the next day and Monday.

5.44 pm - I ate one potatoes curry puff to wrap up my dinner. For just MYR 1 nett, it was tasty, the potatoes fillings are flavourful leaning towards sweet. I like the taste so I will buy these potatoes curry puffs again. Great snacks.

18 comments:

  1. Seems like a 'noodles' day with all sorts of noodles...meehoon, ckt, prawn noodles and wanton meeπŸ˜€. Syioknyer!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahahaha, ya, noodles day! πŸ˜‹πŸ˜‹πŸ˜‹

      Delete
  2. Well, the one in Paramount is O & S, so popular, so very crowded. Nice food there too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think two alphabets are easier to remember than 3 alphabets. You are right, O & S is always very crowded. I wonder now are they practicing SOP. They have a variety of nice food there, you got that right too!

      Delete
  3. But their chinese name is memorable. That day just ate one curry puff, so shyiok so tasty!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. True so why don't they just translate that to English. Yes curry puff is a good snack.

      Delete
  4. Now I feel like eating marble cake and traditional curry puffs.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am sure you could easily find them in nearby coffee shops, Right?

      Delete
  5. Had nasi lemak bungkus and potato curry puff few days ago.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yeah the name does not sound like one for eatery at all. Ha :D

    The pork trotter wanton Mee looks good and huge too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think they just put their registered company name. This one is not as big as the other big portion I bought.

      Delete
  7. You are not eating the noodle straight from the plastic bag, are you?

    After MCO I noticed the average price of noodles have risen from Rm6.50 to RM7 in the PJ area.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I did that. I usually eat all my takeaway food direct from their packaging because I am too lazy to wash another set of bowls or plates. So eat direct from plastic bags, yes. You pengsan, right? πŸ˜…

      Delete
    2. Here the prices are the same.

      Delete
    3. Except maybe for a few that I didn't detect.

      Delete
    4. Hahaha... ok then totally 'shortcuts where possible'!

      Delete
    5. Not shortcuts because nothing is cut. Just KISS. Keeping it simple simple.

      Delete