Friday, August 14, 2020

Stalls Closed

1 strip of roast pork at MYR 10 nett for the whole day (Thursday 13 Aug 2020 d149) from the new Phoenix eatery.

 I felt like eating nasi lemak as my spouse was in the vicinity of Taman desa at 2.30 pm so he stopped by the Sepetang coffee shop only to find all stalls are closing up for the day except for sizzling hotplate Yee Mee noodles so he bought takeaway chicken sizzling Yee Mee except there is no sizzling since no hotplates are included in takeaways. Lolx!

3.10 pm - my portion of no-sizzling Yee Mee with 3 pieces of roast pork. Total price for Yee Mee and hot Hainan char drink is MYR 9.90 nett. Very full so I didn't eat any dinner.

For breakfast at 9.30 am, I ate two rolls of ccf, one okra ytf, and 1 bean curd sheet at MYR 6 nett. I like the Tim cheong (sweet brown bean paste plum gravy) of the ccf.

14 comments:

  1. The no-sizzling yeemee is fine with me coz i dislike superhot noodles tht burn the tongue.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi 5 🙌! Same here too. I never eat sizzling hot plate noodles when dining in.

      Delete
  2. So cheap! I've bought here, so little for RM10. That much would be RM2o. :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Really!? I didn't know that siew yuk can fetch that price over at your side.

      Delete
  3. I used to wonder how to tapau sizzling noodles. Now I know hah..hah... I am sure it still taste good.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I ask my spouse to ask the seller to put the gravy together with the Yee Mee noodles because I like to eat soft noodles. Usually the seller will put the noodles n gravy separately to prevent the Yee Mee from being soaked until soft.

      Delete
  4. Roast pork looks delicious. For RM10, we also get about the same amount of roast pork. Sizzling noodle looks good even without the sizzling.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, so this price for the siew yuk is same as Ipoh price. The noodle is soft after being in the bag with gravy together so I like it.

      Delete
  5. I do not mind the yee mee minus the sizzling. Lol. Used to enjoy the sizzling yee mee from one Chinese restaurant here but long time dud not step into that restaurant

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't like the sizzling hot plate so I also never eat it when dining out/in because I don't like hot food.

      Delete
  6. That is quite a lot of roast pork for rm10.00

    ReplyDelete
  7. Haven't had these sizzling noodles for a while! I don't like super-hot food either so will just let them cool down before eating.

    Roast pork looks good.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't like super hot so don't see the point eating noodles from a hot plate for myself. Yes the siew yuk is tasty, not too fat.

      Delete