Thursday, August 20, 2020

Tau Chiam

I bought this pack of noodles because I like to eat noodles made from soy beans. I forgot how much it costs.

There are 4 bricks of soy noodles in one pack.

He cooked two bricks of Tau chiam for our dinner yesterday at 5.46 pm in the bkt broth from Sunday and added little gem lettuce vegetables. Very tasty, yummy! Because the soy noodles are cooked in the bkt broth, it thickens the broth.

*** Wednesday 19 Aug 2020 d155 ***

We were up early so we went to Sweet Heng to buy takeaway food but swee heng was having a rest day so the eatery was closed so we went to BC&S instead.

8.40 am - Bitter gourd pork Mee Hoon mix with hot fun at MYR 6.50 nett in clear broth, not thick pork broth. I like clear broth better than thick pork broth.

8.50 am - I bought nasi lemak again so that I can eat it immediately at home. MYR 8 nett with a fried chicken drumstick. I didn't want any sambal.

8.55 am - He was supposed to eat more but he didn't so I have to finish the above portion. Tasty, especially the curry potatoes. I asked for half portion of rice so I wasn't too full after finishing all.

9.30 am - I also finished eating the hor fun Mee Hoon portion for me. Tasty. So sayang that I have to throw away about 6 cubes of deep fried pork lard (ju Yao zhar). Next time I will request for no pork lard.

While waiting for the noodles to be cooked and packed, I went to the bread stall to buy cakes and kuih. Bought a piece of tapioca cassava kuih and ate it at 5 pm, tasty so can buy again. I also bought two slices of brown sugar cake at MYR 1.50 nett each. Luckily I only bought one slice of the so called cheese cake because it didn't taste good.

The two curry potatoes puffs are bought from the nasi lemak Bumbu stall.

1 pm - I didn't eat his wanton noodles (MYR 6.50 nett) because I was still full. I also didn't eat the 10  fishballs (MYR 7 nett). I kept both of my portion inside the fridge for the next day.

One slice of the brown sugar cake was much bigger than the 2nd slice. He couldn't finish it so kept it for me.

2.15 pm - I finished up the remaining cake.

3.11 pm - I ate the so-called cheese cake. Was surprised to see the thin layer of cream in the middle sticking the top and bottom cake together. From far, the cake has a fake butter smell but when near, it has an unpleasant off smell which leans towards rancid dairy products. When I ate it, it tastes a bit bitter and there was absolutely no cheese taste at all. Lucky for me that I just bought one slice to test taste at MYR 2 per slice. I finished it.

Close up view. The texture is like a sponge cake but it tastes a bit bitter so I am not going to buy this cake again.

5 pm - I ate the cassava kuih, 2of2 curry puff and at 5.46 pm, my share of soy noodles, a piece of bkt pork and vege. Another day of eating is now wrapped up.

14 comments:

  1. I never eat bkt with noodles before. Seems like u hav been eating alot on 19 aug with rice, noodles, kuih, cheesecake & curry puffs! Not bad😀

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There used to be a stall that sells bkt noodles in tmn esplanade bukit jalil where you ate at uncle chong but no longer there anymore but I guess other places could have bkt noodles. That so called cheese cake is awful, give me nightmare when I think of that awful smell. Ya, eat a variety but I think I ate more than my usual.

      Delete
    2. But u managed to finish the cheesecake. Does ur stomach feels uneasy after tht?

      Delete
    3. No, no uneasiness. Tummy feels ok. The cheese cake is a light sponge cake so other than the unpleasant smell and slightly bitter taste, the texture is ok.

      Delete
  2. Nasi lemak looks good. I sure would love to try those noodles. Yes, we can have noodles with bkt here too - my girl loves it that way, not so much with rice. They use the dried egg instant-kind-of-noodles.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Have you written about your side's bkt noodles previously? It is not that common here to sell bkt with noodles.

      Delete
  3. The bitter gourd pork noodle looks good. When I buy nasi lemak, I will request for more sambal.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I find most sambal too salty. The bitter gourd pork noodle is refreshingly tasty due to the clear soup.

      Delete
  4. Oh dear, pity about the cheesecake.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I want that nasi lemak with fried chicken drumstick and curry potatoes. Wonder if bkt noodles would taste nice to me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nasi lemak with curry potatoes is sure a favourite. If you like soy noodles n you like bkt, you will like both together.

      Delete
  6. Good variety of food in your area.

    The cheesecake could really be going 'off'. Price is high and probably others also don't feel it's worth it so it moves too slowly.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sri Petaling seems to have more variety of food but still not as much as PJ and uptown area. Luckily I am ok after eating that slice of so called cheese cake with the awful smell.

      Delete