Saturday, August 15, 2020

Still Staying Home


These small and cute pineapple jam biscuits are good treats for us so we will buy a small pre-packed portion from Aeon Supermarket but if you want more, you can just scoop more from the big container. The price is by weight - MYR 2.99 for 100 g. This pre-packed portion costs MYR 3.41 nett so can you guess how many biscuits there are in the bag?

18 biscuits only so that means it is MYR 0.189 nett per biscuit.

*** Fridat 14 August 2020 d150 ***

9.47 am - Did not go out and did not order delivery so we just have to eat what we can find in the house. Breakfast of sausage, eggs and little gem lettuce, eaten with gardenia wholemeal bread.

10.45 am - my portion. I ate the above with 2 slices of gardenia wholemeal bread and 2 slices of 7 grains sprouted bread.

12.40 noon - both of us shared this reheated dry 3jc mee hoon mix hor fun bought yesterday for MYR 6.50 nett from new phoenix shop. At 4 pm, I ate 3 slices of gardenia whole meal bread with chivers orange marmalade jam because I am the only one eating this jam since the comment is that this jam is no where close to St Dalfour orange marmalade jam and one Navel orange so that is dinner for me.

5.53 pm - not my dinner of the one and only remaining air dried vit's broad noodles with bok choy, egg and sausage. I just ate one scoop of the noodles and 2 strands of bok choy to test the taste. The noodles are not soft enough for me despite he told me that he cooked it for a long time so I won't buy this broad noodle again, will just stick to air dried vit's narrow instant noodles.

20 comments:

  1. Good choice to stay at home on friday coz it is so jam outside...especially during evening. Seems like everyone goes out on fri. The jam is crazy in the neighborhood F&B area😣. Some offices already had their staffs back to office on daily basis....meaning no longer wfh.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, that area is usually jam because too many eateries and shops and cars double parking. Full force back to office is quite risky as there are still cases.

      Delete
    2. Yea...there is risk. And creating more traffics on the road too since more ppl are traveling to work nowadays.

      Delete
    3. I think traffic should be back to before mco time.

      Delete
  2. That sausage looks good. What brand did you buy? Here, we have some gourmet brands, very nice but expensive.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I bought the sausages from a fb fb seller back in April which I did write about under processed food post. They are in clear packaging with no brand.

      Delete
  3. Reminded me of my childhood, when I followed my parents to Chinese snack shops where they keep snacks in big glass jar. I remember I like those pineapple jam biscuits. Not overly sweet and the biscuit was soft and tasty.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Are they still available to be bought in the snack shops.

      Delete
    2. I am not too sure. I think old shop have, just that I hardly go there.

      Delete
  4. Yes, I used to enjoy eating those small pineapple biscuits. I will check to see if I can get some from the biscuits shop to munch on.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, please let us know which biscuit shop to buy them from in Ipoh if you found them. Tia.

      Delete
  5. I notice some delivery services have stopped already now we have moved to RMCO.

    Those broad noodles do need to be cooked longer. I buy them when want a change from the thin ones. Normally boil them with salt and then top with stir-fried minced pork.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I guess they went back to doing their jobs so stop doing deliveries. Wah, seems like your taste buds for salty is high level since you need to boil the noodles with salt. Maybe that is why mcd sambal and ikan bilis you don't find them salty cos your salt level is high.

      Delete
    2. Noodles are bland mah, have to boil with salt to add taste. I don't consider myself having a high tolerance for salt - but just had the McD nasi lemak yesterday and find it just nice, not too salty hehe.

      Delete
    3. Hahahaha, confirmed when compared to me, your tolerance for salt is so much higher. 😆

      Delete
  6. I enjoy eating those pineapple biscuits last time, childhood memories.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Seems like everyone ate them when they are children.

      Delete
  7. These pineapple jam biscuits look like burgers. Ha :D

    ReplyDelete