Monday, August 10, 2020

Sepetang Coffee Shop Taman Desa

Nasi lemak - I chose to have long beans, curry potatoes, wild boar curry and small prawns curry with one whole hard boiled egg at MYR 8 nett. I didn't select popular toppings like squid curry, chicken curry and cockles curry. Both of us shared this for lunch on Sunday 9 Aug 2020 d145.

Bought a pack of these 5 kaya puffs at MYR 7.50 nett.

Tried one.

Good for those who loves thick pastry skin and less sweet kaya fillings.

Also bought a packet of drycurry chicken wanton noodles at MYR 6.50 nett for the next day from the same shop (Sepetang coffee shop at Taman Desa).

Shared this siew yuk, charsiew and roast duck rice at MYR 10.50 nett from a shop a few shop units away for dinner at 6.30 pm. In the morning at 9.30 am I ate one corn custard bun and at 11.10 am, I ate two chocolate buns as breakfast. One corn custard bun remaining. Today we also finished drinking the dried oyster soup which was cooked on Friday.

14 comments:

  1. Oh got cockles curry, something new to me. I love what you choose for your nasi lemak. I just had 4 kaya buns these few days, i love to eat sweet food, very comforting.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kaya buns are tasty. Didn't have corn custard buns for you to buy? Cockles curry is available for some nasi lemak stalls but not all.

      Delete
    2. Cannot find corn custard buns, only got vanilla custard.

      Delete
    3. Ya, here also seldom see corn custard buns except for that corn custard gardenia buns.

      Delete
  2. Love the look of both your rice meals with all the goodies added. Roast duck here is a bit tough and char siew isn't anything to shout about - I prefer the ones over at your side.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This roast duck is tender so it is tasty. Some roast ducks here are tough too and I will avoid those tough duck stalls. The char siew here is more like red coloured meat but I like because it is lean and tender. I don't like pork belly melt in the mouth charsiew cos it is too fatty and the caramelized fats may be a bit too sweet for me.

      Delete
    2. I have a soft spot for those dark coloured really charred char siew. LOL!!!

      Delete
    3. Those are tasty in their own ways I guess 😋😋😋

      Delete
  3. I like potato curries...and lotsa peanuts in my nasi lemak!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay! Same here! I cannot stay away from potatoes curries though it is easily cooked at home. Hahahaha I know you love your peanuts, even eating them on their own as snacks.

      Delete
  4. Your shared lunch looks good. Whenever there is curry chicken with potatoes, I will eat the potatoes and curry gravy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This is just potatoes curry with no chicken. I love potatoes curry.

      Delete
  5. Good you and hubby have the same taste in food, can share.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can share his food but he cannot eat my cheesy food. Lolx!

      Delete