Saturday, August 1, 2020

Orchid Culture

A new kiosk selling live orchid plants at the Gardens Mall, lower ground floor, near to Din Tai Fung.

Very beautiful orchids. The name of this shop is orchid culture.

*** Friday 31 July 2020 d136 ***

 11.38 am - my brunch of pasembor/rojak from Swee Heng at MYR 7 nett. One whole hard boiled egg, prawn fritters, coconut fritters, deep fried tofu, boiled potatoes, cucumbers, jicamas in peanut gravy. I was very full after I have finished eating the whole packet.

 10 am - not my breakfast of hand torn pan Mee at MYR 7 nett. This remaining portion is meant for my dinner but I was too full eating other food so I kept it in the fridge for the next day. Bought from Swee Heng coffee shop too.

 A slice of brown sugar cake at MYR 1.30 nett. Bought from the coffee shop at the other end of the block of shop where Sweet Heng is located. The name is not memory friendly so I couldn't remember the name of this coffee shop. Update on 11 Aug 2020: The name of the coffee shop is "Restoran BC & S Enterprise" which is totally different from the chinese words of "大家旺茶室".

I bought two packs of wanton noodles at MYR 6.50 nett each from there too. These wanton noodles were supposed to be dinner but we ate other food so they were kept for the next day's meal.

 This slice of cake is soft and fluffy. It tastes like what we expected so I will buy this again.

 I also bought two buns, one coconut bun at MYR 2 nett and one char siew (bbq meat) bun at MYR 2.20 nett. But I don't know why the seller says total price is MYR 5.60 nett. Maybe the extra 10 cents are for the bags.

 1.20 pm - tear a part of it to test. This coconut bun is acceptable.

 This is the char siew bun.

1.24 pm - tear a part of it to test. The char siew fillings are like those fillings in siew bao but with more gravy. The meat is minced / shredded. It has a slight chlorine taste for the fillings. We suspect it is due to the water used. Perhaps they used those filtered H+alkaline water which caused this taste. Not buying this again.

At about 4 pm, I ate a small cake and we shared tofufa from a new shop. I was too full to eat anything else after that. He ate bread and yuk kon for dinner.

22 comments:

  1. Yes, the orchids are so beautiful. My mum loved those, she planted a lot. I am more into things edible. LOL!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow! Your mother must be very good at planting orchids because we bought one many years ago to plant it but it didn't work out. Planting vegetables and herbs is good as it gives you organic vegetables and herbs!

      Delete
  2. Orchid Culture used to have a shop outside, at the valet parking of Gardens Mall.
    The shop there closed already and shifted downstairs?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hhhmmm, I don't even know where the valet parking for Gardens Mall is. I only know where the valet parking for Midvalley mall is. Not sure about the Orchid culture shop you mentioned, whether they are still there or not.

      Delete
  3. Live orchid shop in a mall? Nice. That was many orchids in the shop.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, live orchid plants. Yes, many orchids. Wonder whether they need to be taken outside to bask in the sunlight or not.

      Delete
  4. I like orchids but I don't collect them. I like coconut buns.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. How many orchid plants do you grow in your garden?

      Delete
  5. My ex neighbour use to hav a garden full of orchids...so colorful & pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is kinda interesting to see orchids being sold in shopping mall.

    ReplyDelete
  7. My neighbour's orchid plant is flourishing and very beautiful. Just satisfy my craving for tofufa at bedok that day. My mom bought me 2 char siew baos one of the nights. The char siew fillings are juicy and sof, nice!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Your neighbour is good at growing orchids. So you like tofufa too. Your mother knows all the good food.

      Delete
  8. Bet the 'not-memory-friendly' shop name is a Chinese name.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ok, I specifically go search the name and updated the above post. The name of the coffee shop is "Restoran BC & S Enterprise" which is totally different from the chinese words of "大家旺茶室". Weird or not the put the name like that. Who can remember BC&S?

      Delete
    2. Yeah doesn't even sound like food.

      Delete
    3. Absolutely! That's why I couldn't remember the name of the shop.

      Delete