Sunday, August 9, 2020

Lucky Alley Wat Tan Hor

Yesterday is Saturday 8 Aug 2020 d144 so it was takeaway day. Didn't plan to buy Wat Tan Hor but so happened, the stall was in operation so bought it for MYR 7 nett for 2 pax to share at 9 am for breakfast.

I also bought 5 ytf at MYR 1.60 nett each - 2 brinjals, 2 bittergourds and 1 okra. The above is my portion for Brunch eaten at 9.30 am.

At 10 am, I had enough and the above amount took me another 1.5 hours to finish. Just like a young child, it took me 2 hours to finish my meal.

Not my lunch of watercress red dates dried squid soup at MYR 9 nett without rice to be eaten with rice at 12.44 noon. There are chunks of pork belly in the soup too.

At 6.10 pm, reheated the lu rou rice at MYR 6 nett for dinner. There is another packet of hakka muk ye pork and rice at MYR 7 nett for the next day's meal, kept in the fridge.

7 pm - this is my portion. The minced meat is on the sweet side. Since it is heavily flavoured, the minced meat could be substituted with hard tofu to turn this meal into a vegetarian meal. Ate 1 choc bun and 1 corn custard bun as dessert after this rice meal. Sometime the mouth needs some sweet food to wrap the day up.

12 comments:

  1. That sure is a long time to finish a meal!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ya cos I had enough and was forcing myself to finish it.

      Delete
  2. Simple meals, no hassle. Wow. 1.5 to 2 hours to finish a meal?? That is long.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Simple cos just need to go out and buy takeaway. Long cos I was slowly forcing myself to finish it.

      Delete
  3. Once upon a time I love wat tan hor. These days I avoid wat tan hor because I will feel very satiated after eating wat tan hor. If hubby orders, then I will just take a few spoonfuls. You make me smile when you mentioned that you are like a young child taking 2 hours to finish your meal. Reminds me when I was feeding my little nephew and coaxing him to open his mouth. Lol!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Same as you, I cannot finish a portion by myself, just want to eat a few Spoonfuls only. Ah, nice memories of your little nephew. He must be a grown up now.

      Delete
  4. Is the watercress soup homemade? Watercress soup is one of my favourite soups.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No, it is bought at MYR 9 nett without rice. Watercress soup is very tasty I agree.

      Delete
  5. Sweet food are very comforting, i love to eat sweet food too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I still well remember when my kids took ages to finish meals. Hmm you were giving yourself time to digest? :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I had enough already so need to give time to finish the remaining cos don't want to keep and don't want to throw. Lolx!

      Delete