Sunday, August 23, 2020

Tiny Prawns

Can you see the tiny prawns? I like to choose these tiny prawns to go with nasi lemak.

Saturday 22 Aug 2020 d158 - Saturday is takeaway day so we went to Sepetang coffee shop at Taman Desa at 9 am and there was a queue to buy nasi lemak so it is a popular stall.

These are the food we bought as takeaway:
1. 3 packs of nasi lemak = MYR 24 nett
2. Pork Mihun hor fun (soup) = MYR 7 nett
3. Wanton Mee char siew (dry) = MYR 7 nett

For my friend:
4. Mee jawa = MYR 6.50 nett
5. Fish cake hor fun yellow noodles = MYR 7.50 nett (default 2 fish dumplings so I swapped the omelette slices and pork slices with 2 more fish dumplings and added MYR 1 for another 2 so total 6 fish paste dumplings)
6. Two jicama bao = MYR 4 nett

Our two packs of nasi lemak without sambal. I gave my friend one pack.

10.28 am - brunch which last me until 6 pm because I took a nap from 2.30 pm to 6 pm.

1.28 pm - not my lunch of pork mihun hor fun in preserved tong choy clear soup. I just ate one slice of liver.

7.30 pm - for my dinner, I ate half a navel orange, finished the remaining mcd fries, one cheese sandwich vegetables biscuit, one third choc cheese tart, one slice wholemeal bread and one slice 7 grains sprouted rainbow bread.

His dinner is mcd 4 nuggets with Texas Chicken Honey bbq dip, followed by bread, st dalfour ginger orange marmalade jam.




10 comments:

  1. They're big! There are even smaller ones here - I cannot imagine the chore of having to peel them, devein and cook.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I suspect for small tiny prawns like this, they don't devein them.

      Delete
  2. Yummy nasi lemak with prawns!

    ReplyDelete
  3. These sambal prawns must be very tasty and enjoyable, a pity i cannot take spicy food, sob sob.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The sambal prawns are not that spicy. If I can eat it, you can too cos I also cannot stand spicy food.

      Delete
  4. My mum says these small prawns are sweeter. Apparently not to say cheap and obviously the devil to peel! What's in the nasi lemak for RM8? Don't seem to have much stuff inside.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Up to customers to select the ingredients. In one pack, I select long beans, one curry chicky thigh and curry potatoes. In another pack I select curry potatoes, long bean, prawns sambal and curry chicken slices in addition to the normal condiments of peanuts, anchovies, cucumbers and egg.

      Delete