Thursday, November 3, 2022

Homemade Acar

On Thursday 3.nov.2022, went to Taman Desa because he wanted to go to De Market supermarket to buy meat.

1.17 pm - very crunchy acar MYR 13 from an elderly lady selling her homemade food in front of Tuck Tuck Tei chapfan stall. Her stall is closed on Sundays. That is why I can't buy food from her on Sundays which is the day I usually go to Tuck Tuck Tei. Her acar has lots of finely shredded ginger and crunchy cucumbers, cabbages, long beans, carrots and she gives a separate pack of sesame to be mixed into the acar at home but I didn't want the sesame.

1.12 pm - our shared chapfan with no rice MYR 10 from Tuck Tuck Tei coffee shop:
1. Two braised eggs
2. Scrambled eggs
3. Yin choy
4. Big bok choy
5. Bitter gourd 

For the Elderlies: a pack of chapfan with no rice MYR 7.5 and a pack of 3jc mihun soup MYR 8 nett.

1.13 pm - siew yuk MYR 10 from Tuck Tuck Tei coffee shop. They cut it into 13 small pieces.

3.30 pm - finally found the stomach space to eat the kaya puff bought last Thursday from Choy Kei coffee shop.

5.46 pm - he cooked the meat and liver MYR 15.7 he bought from De Market in the remaining bkt broth from Wednesday for his dinner and kept half for his next day's dinner.

5.36 pm - he cooked a whole pack of 500 g red beans and all remaining pieces of lotus seeds in the fridge with no sugar. I will need ten days to eat this whole pot of red beans.

12 comments:

  1. Makes me think of keropok when see the acar. Lol.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, when you eat acar, you always eat with keropok, is it?

      Delete
    2. I don't really fancy acar. Haha. Usually when I see acar, I think of CNY. Acar with keropok. Lol.

      Delete
    3. Yes. Not so into sour food. Not into pickles, etc.

      Delete
    4. Oh, so won't like trotter vinegar also I guess.

      Delete
    5. Used not to like. Haha. But as I age, taste also change. I do like vinegar trotter but not too sourish.

      Delete
    6. Usually pork trotters vinegar dish is more sweet than sour.

      Delete
  2. Hehe 10 days supply of bean tong sui.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ya, as of today I am still eating a bowl a day and there are still half of the starting portion remaining.

      Delete
  3. Red bean still not finished as on Wednesday 9nov2022

    ReplyDelete