Thursday, July 28, 2022

Tai Zi Ta Kuchai Lama

On Thursday 28.jul.22, went to buy lunch chapfan from Fatty Mixed Rice for the Elderlies and he requested for bak kut teh and braised pork knuckle rice from Alison coffee shop. The seller says that the braised pork knuckle is not ready yet after he took a chopstick to poke at the knuckles cooking in a big pot.

So bought pork knuckle vinegar MYR 17, bak kut teh ribs MYR 17 and one portion rice MYR 1 which he ate for two meals on two days. We also dropped by Kuchai Lama to buy mini tarts.

11.38 am - one mini tart costs MYR 1 each and we bought 10 mini tarts: egg tart, apple tart, coconut tart, pineapple tart and tuna tart. Very easy to eat - just pop the whole mini tart into the mouth and chew. Yummy! πŸ˜‹ 

10.30 am - Tai Zi Ta shop in Kuchai Lama. I just found out that there is a shop nearby so I quickly visited it. I have bought these mini tarts called Tai Zi tarts before from Win Heng Seng coffee shop in Imbi back in 2014. The box has the same design too so they are from the same brand. I understand that these mini tarts originated from a shop in Taman Muda which is still there in the original location but I have never been there. I am happy that they have a shop nearby now so I can always drop by to buy these mini tarts.

The tempting pastries counter.

Cross section of mini tuna tart.

Mini kaya puff MYR 1 and kaya puff at MYR 2.4 nett. Both taste good.

Siew Bao at MYR 2.4 each. He says he tastes butter so I had to eat them but I didn't detect any butter taste. So must remember to buy mini tarts next time and not siew Bao.

11 comments:

  1. Yes, mini tart is their signature, first started in a food court at Tmn Muda Ampang ( Ti Zi Yin ) & got its name Ti Zi Ta from it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The mini tart looked good. So many flavour, but I still stick to the orginal.
    Egg tart. My girl would love the egg tart.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Different fillings such as pineapple and apple is tasty too.

      Delete
  3. I like the mini tarts, can buy different types. The siew bao skin looks think.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wah...I love pastries like that! Since they are small, I cal eat all 10 in one sitting. LOL!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Definitely you can eat 10 at one go! 😊 Yay!

      Delete
  5. I prefer giant tartsπŸ˜‚....coz i like more fillings than crust

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Then these mini tarts are not suitable for you.

      Delete