Wednesday, July 20, 2022

Pai Guat Noodles

On Wednesday 20.jul.22, went to Good Tea and Alison coffee shop to buy food and ordered two deliveries.

*** Good Tea Coffee Shop ***

10.34 am - I went back to the pai guat noodles stall and bought Pai guat noodles again to rectify the error that the seller gave me Kampar noodles instead when I ordered pai guat noodles. This time I monitored her preparing the noodles to ensure it is what I want.

I am not sure why it is called Pai guat when it is not pork rib but lean pork fillet marinated with 5-spice powder and shallow fried. I like this type of lean meat, could be called as mini pieces of pork chops.

The photo above shows the pai guat mihun before the soup is added in. I requested for mihun instead of the default Hakka noodles. The price is MYR 8.50 which is the same price as the kampar mihun soup from the same stall.

6.26 pm - his dinner of hor hee tung hoon soup MYR 8.50 from Good Tea coffee shop. He gave the one and only fish paste wanton skin dumpling for me to eat. Next time I will top up to buy more than one fish paste wanton skin dumpling. He also bought pork stomach pepper soup mihun MYR 8.50 from another stall for his next day's breakfast.

*** Alison Coffee Shop ***

10.33 am - beef mihun soup from the same stall I bought mixed beef mihun soup the previous day. The seller told me that he doesn't have much beef so asked me to choose one more item so I selected tendon. This pack of beef shank and tendon mihun soup costs MYR 14 and we kept half for the next day.

10.13 am - nasi lemak stall at Alison coffee shop. I couldn't resist the potatoes curry so I bought a small portion of rice with a few dishes from this stall and squeezed all items into my apple stainless steel container which is in the photo above.

10.40 am - had to transfer the nasi lemak MYR 7 from the container to a plate because there is no space to eat it in the container - everything is squeezed tightly inside:
1. Small portion of rice with peanuts 
2. Potatoes curry
3. Long beans
4. Petai onions
5. Deep fried egg

Very tasty because I like the potatoes curry and it was just a bit salty. I tend to find the majority of nasi lemak to be a little bit too salty for my preference.

12.06 noon - I ate the remaining mixed beef mihun soup from the fridge to clear it. The tripe, tendon, beef meatball are very tasty so this stall now is the default stall to buy beef mihun soup for us.

*** Deliveries ***

11.26 am - bought 3 slices of pandan layer cake for my friend's birthday from YuBake.

3 pm - not that sweet so it tastes good.

After using a rewards voucher, the price is MYR 31.49 for 3 slices of cake.

I also ordered ice cream sticks from Pandamart because they are on offer and I have a 20% off voucher for a minimum purchase of MYR 45 for pandamart.

6 comments:

  1. I would also expect 'kuat' in my pai kuats. But the noodles look good.

    You took 'vegetarian' dishes for that nasi lemak. I'd have picked a meat hehe.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think they just use the wrong words when they meant pork chop. I eat very little meat nowadays.

      Delete
  2. they ran out of pai kuat? But i m ok if without bones too...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think all along they are selling mini pork chop without bones but they used the wrong words to describe the pork.

      Delete
  3. I too would expect pai kuat if the menu showed pai kuat. Long time have eaten pandan layer cake.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There is no menu. The name of the stall is pai kuat noodles.

      Delete