Monday, July 25, 2022

Special Prawn Mee

On Monday 25.jul.22, went to Mun Kee Food Court to buy food and later ordered one vege salad delivery from Salad Atelier.

*** Mun Kee Food Court Happy Garden ***

We bought food from 5 different stalls in this Mun Kee Food Court.

11 am - special prawns mihun soup with 4 prawns in shells at MYR 12 nett. This photo is taken before the soup was poured into the container. Tasty but the meat a bit firm and he says it takes effort to peel the shells off the prawns so next time will just buy the regular prawns noodles.

Hand torn pan Mee noodles soup. He ate it for both brunch and dinner. MYR 8 nett.

Pork curry nasi lemak with fried egg and long beans MYR 9 nett. The meat is tender enough and the rice has very fragrant pandan aroma. Will buy again.

11.02 am - we shared this bowl of pork curry nasi lemak for lunch and he ate the remaining nasi lemak during tea time.

Two pieces of taro savoury kuih. MYR 6 for two pieces. This dish is very popular and is sold out very quickly. There are pieces of taro in it and the toppings are very flavourful. That is why it is popular.

Tuesday 26.jul.22, Pork mihun soup MYR 8 eaten as breakfast the next day. I ate one small bowl and found the mihun to be very soft so I like it a lot.

10.19 am - this is the pork noodles stall. I almost overlook it because I thought it sells claypot noodles.

*** No meat ***

Bought shopeefood delivery from Salad Atelier because a voucher is going to expire.

No meat meal. I selected green vegetables as the base with beetroot, celery, sweet potato, pumpkin, and edamame. I selected the option for no dressings no sauces but the edamame itself has spicy sauce mixed with it and the celery has also been mixed with a sourish sauce. Next time I will choose carefully only those ingredients which has not been mixed with sauce.

Paid about MYR 14 inclusive of delivery fees after deducting all vouchers and redeeming all shopee coins.  Will order again when I have collected more shopee coins to redeem.

8 comments:

  1. I don't mind prawns with shell on. Some sellers will remove the shell from the prawns if you request for it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I found your comment in the spam folder so I click not spam.

      Delete
  2. The taro kuih looks interesting with all the toppings. It's not yam cake right?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yam cake u mean Wu dao gao? Yes, this is the usual Wu dao gao that tastes a bit of 5spice seasoning.

      Delete
    2. Yes wu dao gao. Oh so it is that.

      Delete
    3. Ya, the traditional Wu dao gao.

      Delete
  3. I remember I commented yesterday but my comment went missing. I don't mind prawns with shell on. Some nice sellers will remove the shells if you request for it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think some sellers believe cooking with the shells intact will not overcooked the prawns.

      Delete