Saturday, July 9, 2022

Fish Gravy Collagen Jelly

On Saturday 9.jul.22, went out to buy breakfast, deliver lunch to the Elderlies, buy dinner chapfan to be delivered directly to the Elderlies.

12.17 noon - my lunch: sweet potatoes leaves, prawn egg, brinjal ytf on two pieces of wholemeal bread.

Early in the morning, at 8 am, went out to BC & S coffee shop to buy pork knuckles wanton noodles because they sold out very fast so we need to be early to buy it. Unfortunately they were closed for the past few days and since this day is the day they reopen, they didn't have pork knuckles wanton noodles on the menu so bought chicken feet wanton noodles dry MYR 8 instead. From the same coffee shop, also bought 4 brinjal ytf at MYR 2 each.

Swee Hing coffee shop:
1. Pork yee Mee soup MYR 8
2. Dry wanton noodles with pork trotter MYR 9

*** Lan Je Steam Fish ***

11.57 am - ordered Foodpanda delivery for lunch from Lan Je / Jie / Chey / Che for the Elderlies but delivered to us so that we can share some of the food. One steam fish for the elderlies and the dishes to be shared by 4 pax are prawn egg and sweet potato leaves.

The previous two times I ate the steam fish from Lan Je, I find the soy sauce ginger gravy to be too much so I didn't buy it this time for us. Previously for both times, I kept the remaining fish gravy soy sauce ginger in the fridge and it turned into jelly due to the collagen in the fish skin so I ate the jelly. I prefer eating grilled salmon.

*** Fish soy sauce ginger gravy jelly ***

The remaining fish soy sauce ginger gravy in the fridge. It has solidified due to the collagen in the fish skin.

Fish soy sauce ginger gravy has turned into solid jelly.

The jelly even took the shape of the plastic container. I ate all the jelly to not waste it but it was salty and the ginger pieces in the jelly is very peppery so although the texture of the jelly is nice, the taste is too strong.

This is the remaining solidified fish gravy for the 2nd time I ate lan Je steam fish. I ate all the fish gravy ginger gravy again despite the strong taste. The gravy is the reason I am not buying this fish for ourselves anymore. I believe even if I put a note in the order to say that I don't want any gravy, the seller will just ignore my note because the seller will think who eats steam fish without gravy.

*** 2 Dishes shared by 4 pax ***

12.04 noon - divided these two dishes into 4 portions for 4 pax. The prawn egg is fluffy in the middle and crispy at the edges. Very tasty. It has been a long time since I ate sweet potato leaves so I ordered it. We ate the two portions with more stalks so that the Elderlies would have the two portions with more leaves.

12.14 - for the Elderlies lunch. They love the brinjal ytf because it is well soaked in gravy and has thick fillings and brinjal slices.

The Elderlies cooked their own rice and I ate bread.

*** Dinner ***

Went out again at around 4.30 pm to buy chapfan dinner from Fatty Mixed Rice Sri Petaling for the Elderlies. He ate the roast duck char siew noodles from Long Fong Roasted Duck Rice eatery bought on Friday for dinner and kept a few spoonfuls for me.

10 comments:

  1. I jst went to Fatty mixed rice to tapao for my parent. I had something else so no chapfan for me. The steam fish gravy can use to mix with plain noodles or dip with bread, to tone down the saltiness.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So do u prefer fatty mixed rice than 126 mixed rice? Yes, could do that with the gravy but I do not want to reheat it since it is in jelly form. If u order from lan Je, you will know that they give a lot of gravy so you will need to eat noodles with the gravy for at least 2 to 3 meals, if not more. Most people will just pour the remaining gravy away like the Elderlies because who wants to eat the same taste for so many meals in a row unless there are many people in the family to eat it. They really shouldn't give so much gravy. Wasteful.

      Delete
    2. i see....i understand your situation. Luckily my household have 3 pax, so can easily finish off in one meal if the gravy is used to mix with noodles. But if alone, quite challenging, i too wouldn't want to eat the same taste for a few meals...eewww~~~

      Delete
    3. Ya, 3 pax is just right to share share and finish the gravy. Thanks for understanding. 😊

      Delete
  2. I like Lan Je fish... too bad they have closed down in Ipoh.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ya, so sad that they closed down in Ipoh.

      Delete
  3. I too like brinjal ytf because it is soft.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The fish gravy is meant to go with rice that's why salty when you ate it on its own. Maybe can keep in future to 'kah liew' for a rice meal.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I seldom eat rice nowadays so keep keep keep longer in fridge will end of throwing so better just eat it in jelly form for the collagen and not buy it again.

      Delete