Thursday, October 7, 2021

Steak Cheese Subway

On Thursday 7.oct.21, I stayed at home the whole day while he went to prepare lunch for the elderlies by adding sesame oil to the grouper fish fillets congee we ordered from Hoong Kee Seafood Porridge that has a too light taste for them as when people grow older with all the medications that they are taking, they will find food that is not seasoned heavily to be tasteless. I love the light taste of the authentic grouper fish fillets congee but they love it after sesame oil and pepper were added to the congee. 

He also opened a can of Ayam brand black beans mackerel for them to eat with the congee for more flavours. Good to see them having a hearty appetite and ate all the food in the two bowls of congee. When life is nearing the end, every little happiness counts.

3.21 pm - Can you spot the 3 guppies?

3.48 pm - A little spot of green.

11.23 am - my lunch of a cold steak cheese subway sandwich with all vegetables including pickled black olives and gherkins bought the previous day with only mustard and olive oil chosen as the sauce. Very flavourful and the steak tastes good so definitely can eat this again. It has been a very long time since I last ate subway sandwiches. He ate grouper fish fillets congee for his lunch.

Wed 6.oct.21 11.24 am - I was going to order Hainanese Boneless Chicken Rice when this pandabox pops up with Subway so I just ordered a subway sandwich on a whim but have to keep it until Thursday because we have to eat the roast meat rice on Wednesday. For dinner, we ate the remaining food from Hainanese Boneless Chicken Rice and still have one pack of rice in the fridge for Friday. 

This is because on wed when I placed the order I didn't know that the set includes two portions of rice so when I saw the option to select rice, I clicked on it so we received 3 portions of rice in addition to the rice of the 3 combo roasted meat. That is how we ended up with too much food. 

14 comments:

  1. Inspiring and touching.. The part of treating elderlies nicely make them satisfied.. May everything nice and kindness be granted in return. Nice pond of guppies you have. I love that. Yes sometime iverlookd at the menu..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your kind words and well wishes. We hope can maintain the guppies pond nicely always. Yes, must look at the menu carefully but this time I think the menu didn't list out the rice in the set.

      Delete
  2. i like black bean mackerel to go with my congee too! very appetizing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. My late father in law also enjoys eating black bean mackerel with their congee. Your hubby is taking good care of the elderlies. Yes, I spotted the 3 guppies. Enjoy your weekend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Guess it is because the black bean mackerel is very flavourful. together with his eldest sister, both of them are taking good care of the elderlies. Good that you can recognize the guppies. Thanks. Hope you enjoy your weekend too.

      Delete
  4. I like the China brand fried Dace with black beans to go with my porridge. Forget it's brand, long time did not buy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Is the brand Great Wall? I used to eat fried Dace black beans with congee too.

      Delete
  5. Getting old is depressing all right. Agree that every bit of happiness counts.

    Is that your garden? I like the guppy pond in that vintage style.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wouldn't say it as depressing but it is part and parcel of life. Everything grows old and passes on eventually. Yes, a little garden pond.

      Delete
  6. I thought those are not guppies. Those are moon fish?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The red colour fish is sword fish. The yellow colour fish is guppy.

      Delete