Monday, April 1, 2024

Sambal Ikan

On Monday 1.apr.2024, went again to Warisan Kopi jalan lazat 1 happy garden to try their curry noodles and nasi lemak.

*** Warisan Kopi ***

9.21 am - we ordered only one iced cham drink MYR 3.80+ and he ordered curry noodles with add-on sambal squid MYR 11.50+ and we shared the curry noodles. The curry broth is full of herbs and spices fragrance, not too salty and not sweet so I like it. The curry broth is thick but not creamy as I think no santan is used.

9.20 am - this is the same cham ping as in photo 1. Today I ordered hailam gula melaka Kaya toasts MYR 3.60+ which tastes ok. The staff explained to me that Hailam toasts are made from thick cuts of white bread whereas toasts are made from slices of white gardenia bread which are thinner. The gula melaka Kaya tastes of gula melaka as it rightly should so I couldn't taste the usual coconut Kaya.

9.28 am - I also ordered Nasi lemak 1+3 MYR 18.90+ whereas nasi lemak fried chicken costs MYR 10.90+ if I remember correctly.

Nasi lemak 1+3 means:
1. Choose 1 type of chicken from:
Rendang chicken or
Masak merah chicken or
Onion chicken or
Curry chicken or
Almond chicken

2. Choose 3 dishes from the 4 dishes below:
Fish sambal or
Cockles sambal or
Prawns sambal or
Squid sambal

Yesterday I ate almond chicken so today I chose masak merah chicken. The staff explained that almond chicken is only a tiny bit spicy and is sourish. Masak merah chicken is just extra spicy. The staff doesn't know what almond is used for it to be named almond chicken.

I selected fish, cockles and prawns sambal. The fish and cockles taste good but the prawns with shells are too soft. Luckily I didn't accept the small saucer of extra sambal because there was too much sambal for me so I requested for that saucer of sambal to be immediately taken back to the kitchen when it was brought to our table.

The rice is cooked with slices of ginger without any santan so we also ate those slices of ginger we found in the rice. Overall, it is a good price for so many items.

9.30 am - view from our seats. The entrance and cashier counter.

10.05 am - storefront, a few shops next to choy kei coffee shop.

Total price MYR 40.10 nett.

*** Lucky Alley Coffee Shop ***

3.10 pm - his early dinner of siew yuk and duck breast meat total 12 nett.

*** zfz ***
E 25 26
Shanghai incident
Pull trishaw
Bonds 
Jump
Resign
*** The End ***

4 comments:

  1. I would have happily accepted the extra sambal since I like it. Very intresting that the almond chicken and masak merah are similar. I like your spouse's early dinner.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The masak merah doesn't have any sourish taste. In other aspects, the gravy is almost the same, all red red. His early dinner nowadays are mostly assorted roast meats.

      Delete
  2. RM12 for duck breast meat and siew yuk is a very good price. The other day I went to HK Roast to buy roasted duck breast and it already costs RM12.70

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. HK Roast is restaurant standard. Lucky alley is hawker stalls standard so of course restaurant standard, the price is higher. HK Roast duck is young duck so the meat tastes better

      Delete