Tuesday, September 1, 2020

Local Seedless Guava

Do you eat fruits every day?

I eat an orange daily but decided to try eating local fruits instead so I bought a pack of 4 guavas.

Seedless Guava at MYR 12 nett. I selected a pack with 4 guavas so each guava costs MYR 3 nett.

Although the label says seedless, there is still a ring of seeds. We like the raw green taste of guavas, very refreshing. After eating this guava, I felt like I have just brushed my teeth, the taste is that refreshing. 

*** Monday 31 Aug 2020 d167 ***

Went to Sepetang coffee shop to buy takeaway food for Monday and Tuesday. 10.26 am - nasi lemak with chicken slices.

10.34 am - we shared this pack of Mee jawa at MYR 6.5 nett. Can't see the noodles at the bottom.

I asked for the gravy to be put together with the noodles and deep fried fritters because I like to eat soft food.

10.51 am - can see the noodles and half a hard boiled egg. The gravy is very appetising because it has freshly squeezed lime juice in it. There are a few types of deep fried fritters inside which are very tasty but I didn't ask what they are made of other than flour.

12.10 noon - after eating my portion of the Mee jawa, I finished my portion of chicken slices nasi lemak.

2.20 pm - nasi lemak tiny prawns for lunch. These two packs of nasi lemak cost MYR 15 nett.

2.53 pm - my portion of nasi lemak for lunch.

6.41 pm - fish cake mee Hoon mix hor fun at MYR 6.5 nett for dinner.

6.53 pm - my portion of dinner. Before going out to buy takeaway food, I ate one corn custard bun to keep hunger at Bay.

18 comments:

  1. Guava is harder to bite. Finishing a whole guava takes some time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This guava is quite small, the size of a big apple only and it is not that hard. A bit crunchy.

      Delete
    2. I remember last time my tooth fell off when biting a guava...that time I was still a kid.

      Delete
    3. You mean you haven't eaten any guava since your tooth fell off when you were a kid? This type of guava that I bought is not that hard because my teeth also cannot bite hard food. This guava can be considered softer because it is seedless I think.

      Delete
  2. High five! Both of us like soft food.

    Wow! You eat an orange everyday, you are full of vitamin c!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! Soft food are easier to chew. Not sure if one orange give how much vit c, need to search for info.

      Delete
  3. I eat bananas or papayas every day, only local fruit for me. Gee! How I'm craving for nasi lemak.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good that you support local fruits. Banana and papayas are full of nutrients! But most nasi lemak is not lemak enough for you so when you eat, you won't feel that satisfied.

      Delete
  4. I usually eat the guavas with seeds. It is tastier and crunchier. :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. We love fruits and try to eat fruits regularly but not necessarily a daily thing. Some days more, some day less, and some day none at all.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Eating fruits is a good thing but too much in a day and at one go could lead to a spike in blood sugar.

      Delete
  6. I have to admit that I am not a fruit eater but I do eat once in a while when I can find my favorite mango. Or if my partner specially buys fruits for me hee..hee..

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have fruits daily... in fact when the kids were younger, it was twice a day for them. My headache is on what to buy as there aren't that many varieties of fruits.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There are many varieties, just that which ones you would want to buy.

      Delete
  8. I like guava too, white and red alike.

    ReplyDelete