Thursday, September 17, 2020

All tarts buy 1 get 1 free

 

Our bento E from Din Tai Fung, Midvalley Mall for dinner on Wednesday 16 Sep 2020 d183. Costs MYR 38 nett.


Chocolate Banana Cake and premium black Forest cake with coffee at Secret Recipe, Midvalley Mall - Dine-in 17.


Coffee is a cup of flat white. Drank the coffee art away in this photo.


Two receipts due to takeaway tarts.


Kept this pepper lamb pie for the next day. Ate it quite late at 9.30 pm so just ate one third for the taste. Very peppery but with visible chunks of lamb so it is tasty.


Cross section.


Hokkaido egg brulee tart at MYR 4.80 nett. I bought one and get another one foc. In the above photo, I tried to break the tart into two to show the texture of the egg custard.


Since it is buy one get one free, I bought 4 durian tarts and got another 4 durian tarts free so it is only MYR 3.30 nett for each tart.


Top view of the food I bought for takeaway from secret recipe.

18 comments:

  1. Very worth it! Is it one day offer?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, according to their advert on insta, it is only for one day.

      Delete
  2. Love the Black Forest from Secret Recipe!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, it is nice. More jam and cream than cake.

      Delete
  3. I am very tempted by the tarts hee..hee..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Can try if you haven't tried any before. But you must eat immediately when warm, don't think you will like them otherwise.

      Delete
  4. Ages since I buy something from Secret Recipe. I liked its lamb pie.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, 8 tarts in total! I haven't tried durian tarts before..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Can go buy them to try if you see got promotion.

      Delete
  6. I think i will like the lamb pie but prefer not so peppery.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Then you won't like this one because it is very peppery.

      Delete
  7. Just had cakes from secret recipe. Always prefer something more cheesy and chocolate-y. :D

    ReplyDelete
  8. Good deal on the tarts.

    Oh the lamb pie is good at Secret Recipe? I was just looking the other day at the Cornish pastries (but decided on Asian food).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Very peppery. If you like strong pepper taste.

      Delete
  9. I had never tried lamb pies and now you have got me curious. I have been eating chicken pies all my life with rare beef pies. I realised in Malaysia, the beef pies are lesser, to cater for the right catchment market.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, it is difficult to find affordable beef pies now that pie face is no longer around here.

      Delete