Tuesday, September 8, 2020

Boba-licious Ice Cream

I didn't know about Tealive Boba Milk Tea Ice cream until I read about it in kuchingnite blog and I wonder what it would taste like.

Then on Sunday 6 Sep 2020, I saw it in the ice cream section of a Shell petrol station so I bought one to try at MYR 2.20 nett. Luckily the amount of boba in the ice cream is not much because I don't think I want to eat an ice cream filled with boba. The boba was soft enough and tasted like brown sugar so it was acceptable.

The milk taste in the ice cream is not strong but you can tell that it is there. The tea taste is there too. Overall, a pleasant ice cream which is just sweet enough without any particular strong taste. There is a fragrance which you often find in Thai milk tea in this ice cream.

The ingredients. Now that I know what it tastes like, I don't think I will buy it again because my favourite ice cream flavours are strawberry or mangoes or lime with milk fillings or chocolate.

It is made by Unilever Thailand.

*** Monday 7 Sep 2020 d174 ***

8 am - now that homemade fish ball eatery has closed, we decided to try this Kai si hor fun MYR 7 nett from the same shop with the pork pepper noodles stall. 2 pax to share. 

11.39 am - my portion of the Kai si hor fun. Taste good but the chicken strips were a bit tough. No MSG used in the soup as I wasn't thirsty after drinking it. Will buy again.

Lunch was wanton noodles dry with siew yuk and char siew MYR 7.50 nett where I just ate a piece of meat for each type. Dinner was lo Mai Kai shared by 2 pax and bread. So another day is completed.


16 comments:

  1. I dont think i would hav the chance to eat this ice cream coz need to eat on the spot at petrol station else melt when i bring home. Will try to see if 7-11 or mynews store got or not. Not so keen on eating at petrol station.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think 7-11 should have. But if buy at petrol station, can put inside a cooler bag to bring home.

      Delete
    2. Your parents should have I believe. If buy ice creams in supermarkets during promotions, will get cooler bags as freebies.

      Delete
  2. I've seen this ice cream here but I've yet to give it a try. Shell gives free Cornetto or packet MILO drink if you buy over RM40, right?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You mean pump petrol over 40 ringgit and get free Cornetto or packet Milo? Didn't know about this.

      Delete
  3. Until now I have not taste Tealive Boba milk tea or the ice cream.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No need to go specifically to try them unless due to curiosity.

      Delete
  4. Nope. Would rather drink the bubble milk tea instead of the ice cream version. :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. Mine i bought it at 7-11. High five! I also like lime ice cream with milk fillings.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yes, when taking it, it makes me think of Thai milk tea. Not too sweet, which I like. Tea wasn't that strong either. After I bought 2 to taste, I hardly able to buy it anymore. Pretty saleable.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are right, it is not too sweet and the tea is not overpowering. I don't think I have seen it in 7-11 so I guess it is sold out there. Must be popular.

      Delete
  7. Saw this ice-cream at the height of the boba craze... which seems to be dying down a bit now. I'm not bothering to try as not a fan.

    ReplyDelete