Wednesday, September 23, 2020

Ah Mei Ho Po Lei Cha

 

My friend sent me these instructions after buying me a pack of lei Cha that she says is very tasty.
Strong or diluted Lei Cha broth is up to your individual preference.

Lots of veges.

The Lei Cha paste for the broth.

She also bought the rice roll which is called Ho Po Choy Ban Cheong Fun for me. Thank you my friend for introducing this delicious lei Cha to me. Not salty at all so I like it.

Then I found out that the name is this: 阿妹河婆擂茶

And for their online presence on fb and website, you can refer to the links below:



*** Tuesday 22 Sep 2020 d189 ***

Early morning breakfast at 7.36 am at Wah Cheong coffee shop at Section 17, PJ. Wanted to order 3jc but was told it is a long wait so order takeaway instead and ate this lor cham noodles at MYR 6.50 nett or is it MYR 7 nett. Takeaway 3jc and ckt, both at MYR 6.50 nett each.

My portion at 7.43 am. I am fine with the strong spice taste but I find it quite cloying. 

11.49 am - early lunch My-dine-in 4 of prepacked beef rice at MYR 3.50 nett (subsidised price). All prepacked rice boxes are sold at this price and there are two choices for each day - chicken or beef; chicken or fish; or etc.

The bag of curry gravy contains cauliflowers, very tasty. This time I forced myself to finish the rice but only managed to drink half of the curry gravy. I find the beef gravy to be sweet so I guess sugar is used to cook it.

11.55 am - not my lunch of ckt at MYR 6.50 nett, takeaway from Wah Cheong. Not my dinner is 3jc and my dinner is fruits as before. I think I will gain weight if I eat one prepacked lunch box every work day since I try to finish all the rice.

16 comments:

  1. Yea sure will gain weight with tht amount of rice. I think i will leave the curry gravy unfinished too coz drinking it would be heaty to the body. So nice tht ur company provide subsidised lunches. It reminds me of my ex-comp tht provides free lunches😃

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh no! 😱Then I shouldn't eat the lunch meals then. Wow! Totally free is even better! 👍

      Delete
    2. maybe can split the lunchbox into 2 meals? just bring a container, allocate half for dinner and put in the office fridge. Then dinner can just take out, reheat and eat. RM3.50 for 2 meals, very berbaloi!

      Delete
    3. Yes, you got a very good idea! See when I can get out of my lazy mode and start to implement this. Thanks! 👍

      Delete
  2. I never acquired the taste for lei cha. Tried but didn't think I would want it again.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Must eat more times and from different sellers to acquire the taste for it.

      Delete
  3. Do you like the Hakka lui cha? My hubby takes it without the bitter soup pour onto the rice. Haha. He still not acquired to the soup.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. But the soup is the main part of Lei cha / lui cha. Yes I like lui cha.

      Delete
  4. I love lui cha with rice or with noodle.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, both rice and noodles are nice with lui cha broth.

      Delete
  5. This is so interesting to see there's instructions guide for the Lei Cha. I love just their soup and could drink gallons of it. It would flush out my colons like Niagara Falls. LOLOL

    You surprised me that you could arrive at Wah Cheong at 7.36am! You don't live in that neighbourhood too. I have no idea why I seldom eat at Section 17 except Frame Thai in Happy Mansion. It could be their previous parking issues around Section 17 that made me reluctant.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I surprise myself too 😂 now u can park at 17mall. Only 1 ringgit for 2 hours I think.

      Delete
  6. I had tried lei cha once out of curiosity and still hv not acquire the taste of it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I recently had lei cha and thought it's quite weird and I don't really like it. A week later, ordered it again so obviously grown into the taste haha.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good that you have acquired the taste for it.

      Delete