Saturday, July 18, 2020

Sek Tong n NeNe Chicken

Sek Tong, Midvalley Mall is finally opened for business. I have not looked at their menu yet. There is a "no pork no lard" signboard.

They are occupying the spot left vacant by Old Town White Coffee at Midvalley Mall.

Nene Chicken, Midvalley Mall - not opened yet or closed forever?

*** Friday 17 July 2020 d122 ***

11.13 am - I start my day with a sweet pie! The only remaining McD pie from the previous day.

11.30 am - continue my food intake with a remaining half of McD nasi lemak cold from the fridge. The sambal was very spicy and salty but I ate them all. The rice tastes very rich from the coconut milk. These two items kept me full until 4.47 pm.

4.47 pm - was hungry so finished the remaining half chicken breast and one chicken wing from McD 3 pieces of fried regular chicken from the previous day (MYR 14.99 nett).

continue to finish all these blanched bok choy without any sauces or oil. At 6 pm, mouth was itching to eat some sweet items so devour a small packet of Tiger biscuits (60g with about 10 to 12 pieces inside - I will count them next time) and one small packet of Le-Mond crackers with lemon fillings. I am truly a cookie monster. So that completes my food intake for the day.

1 pm - not-my-lunch of cintan curry noodles with bok choy and all the remaining ayam percik from Tuesday 14 July 2020 d119.

Royal Vanilla cupcakes from WonderMilk. MYR 4.50 nett each. Sweet pink roses.


Two boxes of them, to be delivered to my friend's house.

A surprise gift for my lovely co-worker who handed in her company lap top this Friday and will start her new career on Monday. All the best to her! One dozen cupcakes at MYR 53 nett. I hope everyone in the family loves this cupcake cos I only chose one type which is Royal Vanilla which is her favourite cup cake but she can and will only eat one. Lolx! 

The last time we talked face to face was on 17 March 2020 Tuesday (123 days ago) when she picked me up from my house at 10 o'clock at night to go to the office to bring my laptop home so that I can work at home and I have been working at home since and have not met any of my other co-workers so we did not have a farewell lunch with her. Hopefully these surprise cupcakes will make her day.

20 comments:

  1. Oh no, so many restaurants have come and gone again at Mid Valley. I better take a weekend scroll there to see what's new.

    Thanks for sharing this post of the pretty cup cakes. I almost forgot that I wanted to order the icing mould for pumping the roses! Long ago my wife signed me up to join the baking classes in Ampang where they also taught us to pump icing and creams over the cakes. The teacher noticed that I was good at making big flowers and patterns.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Got many new shops in Midvalley. If I c u in Midvalley I will shout twilight man through my mask.

      Wah, u r so talented. Can do piping icing to create big flowers and patterns. Can make and write about them. Your cupcakes would be so beautiful.

      Delete
  2. Nvr been to mid valley since the lockdown...seems like alot of ppl changing jobs these days. My teammate jst left and has started his job.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Since u have been to the two ioi malls u can go mid valley too. Ya I am surprise that there are still many companies hiring staff in this pandemic.

      Delete
    2. Yes thinking of goin during weekdays to avoid crowds. The 2 ioi malls also i went during weekdays.

      Delete
    3. Weekdays not during lunchtime will have less people.

      Delete
  3. I went to Nene Chicken here once. I think it is still open - the mall is rather out of my way so I do not frequent the place.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ya, we don't go out of our way for Nene chicken too.

      Delete
  4. I will like the nasi lemak and the fried chicken. I thought you said you had resigned. Very lovely and beautifully done cupcakes.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes I have but I need to serve 3 months notice until Sept so have to continue to work at home. You would have eaten mcd nasi lemak and fried chicken to know whether u like them or not, right?

      Delete
    2. I have not tried mcd nasi lemak but mac wings yes.

      Delete
    3. Can try the nasi lemak cos the nasi is lemak.

      Delete
  5. You didn't heat up the nasi lemak?? I agree the sambal was rather spicy.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I like the McD nasi lemak but it could really do with a couple more tablespoons of sambal.

    Ooh such pretty cupcakes. Nice gesture from you to get your ex co-worker something to mark the occasion, I'm sure she will remember it for a long time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wah, you can tahan the saltiness ah since you want more sambal. I will give all the sambal to u. Ya, hope so. Have you eaten wondermilk cup cakes?

      Delete
    2. Hmm don't find the sambal salty.

      Yep on the wondermilk cupcakes. I'm not a fan as they're too sweet for me. But they are very pretty all right!

      Delete
    3. Hhhmmm, guess you have a high tolerance for salt. I haven't eaten any wondermilk cupcakes because I would throw away the pretty frosting so they are wasted on me.

      Delete
    4. Maybe the ones in my McD aren't that salty? Heh. I have had wondermilk when people brought them for events, never bought any myself before.

      Delete
    5. Since McD has centralised kitchen I think the sambal should be all the same gua.

      Delete