Wednesday, July 15, 2020

Golden Chicken

9.58 am - my breakfast on Tuesday 14 July 2020 d119. One pack of 4 Munchy's Butter Sandwich Crackers. I am surprised to find that they taste so much better than when I ate them previously. I guess I must be hungry so when one is hungry, food taste better than they usually do.

10.34 am - he went to a drive through to pick up the foc meds for the elderly folks. So nice of this university hospital to provide drive through pick up meds service. I hope they continue to provide this service even after all the mcos are over.

After reading the article Nux V wrote about Ayamas, I went to their website to search for the nearest branch and saw these two pop-up info ads that the 15th and 30th promos are not available.

30th promo is not available too. Since I found out that there is a branch along the way to pick up the meds, he did a pit stop to buy one ayam percik for old time sake because back in 1994, both of us used to devour one whole ayam percik in one sitting, just the two of us but then we were so young at that time.

11.39 am - Eh, what is this? Not a cardboard box like back in 1994?

One whole Ayam Percik with bones at MYR 26 nett. He requested it not to be cut to lessen the packing time.

12.03 noon - the chicken is tender so we tore it apart with our bare hands just like barbarians do.

Can't finish the whole chicken now that we are 26 years older so kept this much for the next day.

He also did another pit stop to buy 3 packs of rice with meat (MYR 29.50 nett) for the elderly folks but they say they did not want the rice so he brought all 3 packs home. This lean char siew rice is kept for the next day meal. I have removed the siew yuk and cucumbers from this pack of rice to be eaten immediately.

This is a pack of steamed chicken drumstick rice with lots of sauce and ginger paste. This pack of rice is for dinner. My dinner is bread with kaya and milo cereal with bread at 7 pm because I don't like having sauces all over the rice like this.

12.04 noon - shared the 3rd pack of char siew and siew yuk rice for lunch together with some meat from the percik chicken. This is my portion. Can you spot the siew yuk?

So messy. I don't think I will eat chicken this much again because after eating this chicken, I am very sure that I prefer strong mutton taste to strong fresh chicken taste. Just a note to say that kaya and red bean paste are cleared on this day.

16 comments:

  1. It has been a long time since I last had ayam percik as well. :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, everything tastes good when one is hungry. I wish I could buy that ayam percik here. That day, my missus did not want to cook, went to buy from KFC...expensive and I had to force myself to finish off my set. Should have gone to a chicken rice and roast meat stall instead.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, a chicken rice and roast meat stall will give u a very good meal for about RM10.

      Delete
  3. All meat and when one is hungry, everything looks good and tasty...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is the biscuit that is tasty, not the meat.

      Delete
  4. such a meaty meal for the day! my parents like percik chicken too but they couldn't eat that much, so normally i help to 'sapu' the rest. The Ayamas no longer use paper box since a few years ago. So sad that the promotion has called off!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Paper box is better so I wonder why they don't use it anymore. Percik is the best of all the chicken marinates there. Hehehe so u are used to messy eating since you sapu the rest so have to manage the bones parts. I wonder will the promotion resumes after a while or not.

      Delete
  5. The ayam percik looks tasty.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yes, I used to buy ayam percik on my way home from work many years ago. Thanks for reminding me of this ayam percik.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I also have forgotten until read it on nuxv's blog.

      Delete
  7. You have known your hubby for so long!

    I don't find Ayamas having strong chicken taste since it's well-marinated. Oh we wouldn't eat the whole thing at one go but keep in the freezer to slowly savour.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ya, long. But the ayamas chicken is quite small so how to slowly savour? Two or four meals it will be finished.

      Delete
    2. We will have other dishes as well so only need 2 small pieces or so each time.

      Delete
    3. Ok, just for the percik or honey marinate or pepper taste.

      Delete