Tuesday, July 28, 2020

Oyster King at Gardens Mall

 After reading STP's article about  or chian or oyster omelette, I was lamenting the difficulty of locating oyster omelette in KL when my husband reminded me that I can always buy it from Oyster King eateries which are located in some shopping malls. I have seen the chain of Oyster King eateries but I have never eaten anything from there, no idea why. So when I have a chance, I went to Oyster King at the Gardens Mall which is located on the lowerground floor next to Ko Hyang.

I intended to buy just this Superior Fried Oyster at MYR 14.50 nett

Other dishes

Which wings flavour would you choose?

I ended up buying Combo 1 which is that signature oyster dish plus one other dish of my choice at MYR 22 nett.

Takeaway - packed in paper boxes which is a good thing.

I chose lala fried mee hoon as the other dish and ate it the next day. I did not expect the oyster omelette to be spicy. It was on the oily side too. I did not count the number of oysters but I think there were about 6 oysters. The eggs covered the gooey stuffs which were quite firm so it did not feel gooey. Quite acceptable except that it was a bit too spicy for me so I don't think I will order this again.

*** Monday 27 July 2020 d132 ***

8.08 am - not my breakfast of the previous day 3jc mee hoon hor fun with added vege and siew yuk.

12.47 noon - he could not finish his breakfast so left these for my lunch.

1.08 pm - not my lunch - ingredients from the home cooked soup with home cooked mee hoon.

4.57 pm - one slice of 7 sprouted grain rainbow bread with mash potatoes from Texas Chicken bought on Friday. As with all cold mash potatoes from the fridge, it was very salty.

6.55 pm - both of us finished up the soup with all the ingredient inside - dried oysters, cashew nuts, green marrow gourd and ginger.

14 comments:

  1. Is the lala meehoon nice?
    The soup mst be packed with flavor with generous ingredients dumped into it. Very comforting soup!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. After reheat, the lala meehoon is softer which I like. Before that, it is harder which I don't like but many people like crunchy Mee Hoon. Yes the soup is full of flavour from the dried oysters.

      Delete
  2. Oh? We probably would love it - we like things spicy! We always stay around Mid Valley/Gardens - will surely stop by the next time we get the chance to travel.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If you stay around there, you can try this. Oyster king is also in one utama if you are staying in one world.

      Delete
  3. So now they also have fried oyster in shopping mall. :) Good to know that they are spicy. That way it will be more palatable.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If you like spicy, of course is more flavourful.

      Delete
  4. I like oyster omelette but not when it is oily.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. But almost all the oyster omelettes that I ate previously are oily.

      Delete
  5. I like to eat oyster omelette but i dont eat the oysters, i like to eat the eggy and gooey parts.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, then do u ask the seller not to put any oysters when you place your order?

      Delete
    2. Nope, cos i share with my mom who will eat the oysters.

      Delete
    3. Oh good to know that the oysters are eaten by your mother and not just left there uneaten. Why don't you eat oysters?

      Delete
  6. I tried this outlet many years ago when they first opened. Not memorable enough to try again.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree that the fried rice and noodles are those can find anywhere types. Only the oysters are specific to their shop.

      Delete