Tuesday, July 21, 2020

Don Don Prawn Noodles

Delicious customised jumbo prawn noodles at about SGD 18 with added slipper lobsters that are cut into halves lengthwise. My friend told me about this stall and asked me to remember to eat here should I ever visit my friend in the future so I am putting the photos here to remind myself. My friend says that the prawns are very fresh. mmmhhhh, if only I can eat them now. Yummy!

The jumbo prawn included in the prawn noodles.

Dry prawn noodles at about SGD 5.

The photo menu. Please click on the above photo for a larger image to view the photo menu.

The menu. Please click on the above photo for a larger image to view the menu.

Don Don Prawn Noodles stall at Circuit Road Food Centre (Block 79 & 79A) in Singapore.

They provide delivery via Food Panda and Deliveroo.

*** Monday 20 July 2020 d125 ***

7.45 am - not-my-breakfast of reheated siew yuk bitter gourd rice from the previous day with an added fried egg. I was too late to take the photo before the amount was eaten until this much.

11.16 am - I ate the only remaining yam puff rolled up in two slices of gardenia wholemeal bread and one slice of sprouted grain rainbow bread because it is too salty.

12.23 noon - shared lunch of pork trotters wanton mee bought on Saturday 18 July 2020 d123 and 2 duck gizzards bought on Sunday 12 July 2020 d117.

12.40 noon - my portion. Too flavourful for me. Between 6 pm to 7.20 pm, I ate the only remaining bingka ubi direct from the fridge so it was quite hard but still tastes good, one packet of Nestle 3in1 brown rice cereal, 2 packets of 3 Munchy oats chocolate biscuits each and about 4 pineapple sandwich biscuits (Slai O'lai).

What is this? Top view of a bottle of jam with the jam 99% eaten so I have to wipe it clean with a slice of bread which is a difficult thing to do because the bottle is tall and narrow.

St. Dalfour jam. Why do they want to make the bottle so tall and narrow until it makes life difficult to wipe the jam off with slices of bread? We buy this brand of jam because it tastes good and doesn't have additional sugar.

Cold bingka ubi from the fridge is still tasty but kind of hard so better eat it on the day itself.

17 comments:

  1. Both prawn noodles look good, soup and dry. Here, I usually by Chivers jam.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have eaten chivers jam. Taste good too but I buy at dalfour because it has no additional sugar.

      Delete
  2. The prawns are really huge and succulent. S$18 per bowl which would translate to RM36. Reasonable if it is delicious right?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No idea what the exchange rate is now but if tasty then it is 👌.

      Delete
  3. wow, now is virtually 'eating' the prawn noodles from the picture....looks good from the picture.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ah, circuit road is near my hse, i will go racky next time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, please share with us, is it very tasty, ok? Thanks

      Delete
  5. Oh Don Don Prawn Noodles is in Singapore. I used to buy the St Dalfour jam too. Quite hard to korek the jam from the bottom once it is finishing. I prefer those short stout jars. Maybe tall thin ones look more elegant.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, yes it is in sg. The tall narrow bottle may look more elegant but like you also know, it is hard to get the jam out from the bottle when it is almost empty.

      Delete
  6. Don don noodle looks tasty. Is the soup hot or sour?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is not sour. If we added the chili paste provided, it would be spicy.

      Delete
  7. So much prawn in the prawn noodle.

    Hmm you don't use a butter knife to take the jam out?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Quite difficult to use a butter knife as the bottle is very narrow and long and my butter knife is short. The remaining jam is very little at the bottom, must wipe with bread, won't be able to get the jam by scraping it with a spoon or a butter knife. Ya the sg stall gives so many prawns.

      Delete
    2. I do buy this brand also. But I don't bother with using bread to wipe jam off since I don't like that much anyway.

      Delete
    3. So you just wash all the remaining jam away? Or throw the bottle together with the remaining jam into the thrash?

      Delete
  8. I think I should share this so others don’t get cheated from this store. The most stingy and expensive store I first time met in my life.
    Give only 1pc prawn for $4.30 (prawn split into half considered as 1pc prawn) and nothing else.

    Watch YouTube video:
    https://youtu.be/IOmoPAl4KQU

    Must share this! so others won’t experience the same as me got scammed.

    ReplyDelete