Monday, July 13, 2020

MW banana Walnut muffin

Yesterday it was Mighty White Banana Loaf, today it is Mighty White Banana Walnut Muffin priced at MYR 1.60 nett each.

Top view

Side view with pieces of Walnut embedded in the muffin.

The texture is fine and dense. It is moist and sweeter than the banana loaf. This is a quick snack for a hungry person because it does not require cutting like the banana loaf. Both taste fine with a slight banana taste but I guess the loaf wins on the price point if one is looking for an affordable budget banana cake with a nice taste.

*** Sunday 12 July 2020 d117 ***

7.53 am - Breakfast for two pax, reheated the previous day duck egg ckt and added two fried chicken eggs for one each.

8.10 am - my portion of ckt and fried egg.

12.30 pm - Dine in 6 - at friendship cafe, taman esplanade. Roast chicken thigh, siew yuk rice at MYR 7 nett, cham hot at MYR 1.80 nett and dry 3jc at MYR 7 nett. Not as many people as before mco. We sat inside the non air cond coffee shop where they did enforce everyone to leave a blank seat next to them so not that crowded but not exactly 1 metre away either but we were hungry so just dine in since there is an empty seat between each dine in customer.

3 pm - ate red bean paste.

I bought 3 deep fried nian gou and 1 deep fried banana at MYR 1.30 nett each so the total is MYR 5.20 nett. From the roadside duck stall next to this stall, I bought half a roast duck at MYR 30 nett and 5 duck gizzards at MYR 1 nett each giving a total of MYR 35 nett.

3.30 pm - I waited till it is no longer hot before eating it so that the melted nian gou will not ooze out. Felt like eating this deep fried nian gou after reading Nancy's post.

Half a roast duck at MYR 30 nett. We haven't bought roast duck after the previous time (Tuesday 2 June 2020 d77) when we kept them too long in the fridge and they went bad.

6 pm - took out some pieces for dinner for two pax.

6.30 pm - two of us shared this instant noodles roast duck little gem lettuce dinner.

18 comments:

  1. Gardenia muffin is the best so far that I have tried.

    You made me wanna have nian gao as well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Gardenia muffin is quite ok.

      Delete
    2. Same here, you make me wanna makan nian gao

      Delete
    3. Hahahaha, Nancy started it first.

      Delete
  2. U seems to like banana cake/muffin and deep fried banana. I like ckt with mix of kuey teow and yellow noodles jst like yours in the pic above.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You don't like the taste of bananas? Anything easy, fast n acceptable to eat, I will eat. 😆Yes I like a mixture of kway teow and yellow noodles. Wah, you pay attention to details, can spot those yellow noodles in the ckt.

      Delete
    2. I dislike anything banana....except deep fried banana :-)

      Delete
    3. Ah, this deep fried banana is very sweet and fragrant so you will be sure to like it. The nian gao and deep fried banana store is opposite the new Phoenix coffee shop which is next to Hong Leong bank in the fatty mok area.

      Delete
  3. RM7 for that platter of meat plus rice is cheap!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I take it that it is not common to have roast chicken, siew yuk, char siew rice stall in coffee shops over at your side?

      Delete
  4. I like nian guo and roast duck. Both of you are such small eaters. One of these days when I am lazy to cook, I think I will buy roast duck.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I guess your favourite roast duck stalls open already, right?

      Delete
  5. Muffins are usually very very sweet, i love to eat roast duck and fried nian gao. I eat muffins during my vegetarian days.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This muffin is not very very sweet. I like to eat fried nian gao a lot too.

      Delete
  6. Oo many yummy food in this post.

    I had the leftover Cranberry muffin today which SE didn't want to finish, was surprised to find it to my taste. Since I don't like any of the pre-packed one I have tried so far - chocolate, choc chip, banana walnut (the one in your post, found it dry and too sweet).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I haven't tried all the flavours. Will try the cranberry since you say it is nice. Wah, SE is such a good girl, not greedy with food.

      Delete
    2. She ate all the cranberries and a small portion of cake. I call that being picky and not being good!

      Delete
    3. Oh, so the portion you ate doesn't have any cranberries in it. Maybe that's why you like it because it wasn't sweet because cranberries are sweet with a bit of sourness.

      Delete