Saturday, July 4, 2020

Nan Men Market

What do you see? Parcels of Braised Pork Bellies in big cubes. I don't think I have seen any markets here selling braised pork bellies openly like this. Have you?

Waxed sausages - lots of them hanging from the roof of this kiosk.

Lots of cured ham, in cubes and in sliced pieces.

Are these stuffed pork trotters?

Deep fried fish heads and other cooked food for sale.

This is the entrance to the market - NanMen Market (南門市塲 - Nan Men Shi Chang - South Gate market). 3 pm - from Woo Hoo Ice Shop we took a 11 minutes walk to this market to look at the products. Did not buy anything. Would you have bought those cured ham or waxed sausages?

Address: No. 55, Section 2, Hangzhou South Road, Da’an District, Taipei City, Taiwan 106

*** Friday 3 July 2020 d108 ***

2.46 pm - my lunch, a bowl of jit gua pork ribs dried oyster ginger soup. Yummy! Do you like dry oysters in soup? Breakfast was at 10.30 am. Just two slices of gardenia wholemeal bread with kaya. Dinner is orange and bread too.

18 comments:

  1. The stuffed pork trotters...look kinda...scary. :'(

    ReplyDelete
  2. I dislike dried oyster in soup. Did u slim down after MCO since u r not eating fruits & less carbs?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hhhmmm, I wonder why you dislike dried oysters in soup. So I guess you don't even eat those dried oysters that are in the soup. What about dried squid? Do you like the taste of dried squid in soups?

      Delete
    2. Dislike dried squid as well. I don't eat both.

      Delete
    3. I guess that means you don't like the strong taste of the sea that dried seafood will taste of. How about dried scallops?

      Delete
  3. *correction: since u r eating fruits & less carbs

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't have a weighing scale at home so I don't know how much I weigh now. But I don't think I put on any weight.

      Delete
  4. Eeeeee...pork bellies. Somehow when they are displayed like that, I do not feel inclined to buy but I love it with rice or mantao when presented nicely on a plate. Psychological.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This is a surprise. I would have thought you would love to visit a market like this to buy the food here.

      Delete
  5. I would love to visit this market. Interesting place with so many foodstuffs on sale, which we can't find it here.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Very true that we don't see these food stuffs sold like this here.

      Delete
  6. Oh yes, I would buy those pork belly cubes hee..hee... I am afraid I dislike dried oysters as I find the taste and aroma too strong for me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, the pork belly would be tasty after u braise it with some mui choy at home. Wow! I didn't know so many people dislike the strong taste of dried oysters. They are used in soups because of their strong taste of the sea, very fragrant. So do you like the dried squid that people also put in soup for their strong taste?

      Delete
  7. Same as you, i would just visit this market to look at the products but will not buy anything. The products being displayed like that do not look attractive to me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Guess because we don't cook at home so we won't buy food like this.

      Delete
  8. Food paradise. I would definitely have bought various things.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cos u cook at home so can buy back to cook cos ham can keep a long time.

      Delete