Thursday, July 16, 2020

The One That Got Away

On 15 Jun 2020 (Monday), McD launched this new pie for a limited time only - Pulut Hitam Santan Pie and I wanted to try it back then but somehow never got around to buying it so now it is out of stock when I tried to buy it.

Oh well, another one that got away. I also did not get to try the McD Blueberry Cream Cheese Pie. It is not that I love to eat McD's pie but it is just that I think it is fun to try all of McD's pie. It is a wonder what their F&B research team can think of for the pie fillings. These are all the McD pies that I have tried.

The Pulut Hitam Santan pie is now officially removed as there is a new limited edition pie - the Black Forest Pie launched in 14 July 2020 (Tuesday). I will try to buy this pie to test as I like to eat all 3:  chocolate, custard and strawberry, I think I will definitely like the taste.

The 3 photos above are copied from McD official local website.

*** Wednesday 15 July 2020 d120 ***

8.48 am - 2 bricks of plain instant noodles with all the remaining duck from Sunday 12 July 2020 d117 and some leaves of little gem lettuce.

10.46 am - my portion of instant noodles with duck meat, duck gizzard and little gem lettuce for brunch. Lunch at 2 pm is just one scoop of rice and 3 slices of char siew from the previous day.

This is the vit's plain instant noodles used in our above duck noodles. The above photo is copied from vit's website.


We have just finished eating all 10 bricks of vit's plain instant noodles. Next I will buy Vit's Air Dried Noodles instead for a healthier version. Vit's Air Dried Noodles should taste almost the same as Cintan Non Fried Instant Noodles. Let us see whether I am right or wrong. The above photos are copied from vit's website.

24 comments:

  1. I also want to try their pulut hitam pie. Too bad like you...out of stock over here. Tough luck.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Must buy immediately when it launched else will be out of stock.

      Delete
  2. I didn't try the pie but go for the thai green curry fish burger. The burger is jst ordinary.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You mean the Thai green curry sauce didn't wow you. I remember the mcd whole piece fish used to be very nice.

      Delete
  3. McD here just reopened after over a month-long renovation. Very crowded, no social distancing...not that it is one place that I would wanna go. I still have some more of the pulut hitam left, gotta remember to soak tonight and cook tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The mcd in Midvalley implemented the social distancing very well. They only allow limited customers to go in to place orders. For a moment I thought you meant you got pulut hitam pie remaining. Lolx!

      Delete
  4. It looks like I have missed all the limited edition pies.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If you are in it for the taste and not for the fun, then it is ok, the taste is acceptable for its price. Nothing like a piece of rare steak.

      Delete
  5. Months since go or eat McD. So not sure of its limited edition pies.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I just ate the Black Forest McFlurry last night. It was a bit too sweet even for a sweet toothed person like me. I still prefer their Apple Pies!
    They have been experimenting so many pies and McFlurry flavours but majority received poor ratings. Only the D24 Durian McFlurry saw lomg queues outside the McD in my area.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Eh, why you chose to try the ice cream instead of the pie. I tried the pie today, it is nice. The ice cream is usually sweeter than the pie.

      Delete
  7. Looks great . Stay safe and take care

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sometimes I buy Cintan noodles and sometimes I buy Vit's noodles. Both are nice.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I don't taste any difference between the Vit's 'normal' and air-dried noodles.

    Ah the pulut hitam pie is gone, was thinking of trying. I too tried the green curry fish burger. Didn't enjoy it as the coating was leathery and not crispy. Should have gone for the nasi lemak instead.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah, let me try and see I can tell any difference or not. Coating no longer crispy due to the green curry gravy I guess.

      Delete
    2. Probably this burger wasn't too popular and had been sitting there a while.

      Delete
    3. Hhmmm, usually they only make the burgers when the customers place the order and not prepared beforehand.

      Delete
  10. Pulut hitam santan pie sounds sweet, tasty and cream yums! But not available in sg, mcd is so creative to think of all kinds of filling for their pies.

    ReplyDelete