Sunday, July 12, 2020

Mighty White Banana Cake

We are on the search for acceptable banana cake with an affordable price and decided to try this long loaf of Mighty White Banana Cake. The normal price is MYR 7 nett but Aeon Supermarket is selling it at a promo price of MYR 6.50 nett.

The texture is fine and soft. We prefer this to the previous banana cake that we tried because this did not taste too sweet due to having a bit of savoury taste to offset the sweet taste.

Close up

Bought this big pack of Nescafe latte mocha to try at a promo price of MYR 10.90 nett. The reviewer's feedback to me is that it is like NesLo with a heavier Milo taste and on the sweet side.

*** Saturday 11 July 2020 d116 ***

Saturday is takeaway day. The wat tan hor stall I went to is closed so I had to change my plans. The ytf stall increased the price of ytf by 10 cents to MYR 1.6 nett per piece so I bought 2 brinjals, 2 bitter gourds, 2 okras, 3 fried tofu and 1 fried tofu puff for MYR 16 nett. From another stall, I bought Hakka pork belly rice MYR 7 nett. Then moved to another shop to buy ckt duck egg MYR 8 nett, pork Yee Mee MYR 6.50 nett, hand torn pan Mee MYR 7 nett, and pasembor rojak at MYR 7 nett. I was surprised to find no hard-boiled egg in the rojak. These food will last us for two days. The coffee shop is bursting to the brim, no social distancing at all. It was just like before mco. Good business. I wouldn't dine in this coffee shop in this condition.

From the supreme fresh van, I bought 6 oranges for MYR 10 nett and a box of Aksun sweet apricots for MYR 10 nett. The apricots are sweet as stated. More health benefits of eating apricots at sugarapricot.com.

5 pm - a few sips of Nescafe latte mocha and a slice of banana cake. No, the nescafe latte mocha doesn't taste like NesLo. It taste like cocoa drinks with a strange fragrance and sweet too with a bit of coffee taste. I don't quite like it but I am ok to drink it.

6.10 pm - piping hot pan Mee with ytf in Yee Mee soup after being reheated for 2 pax.

6.30 pm - my portion of pan Mee with ytf. I didn't want any soup. After this meal, I ate one scoop of red bean paste.

22 comments:

  1. I tried this mighty white banana cake and unfortunately it is not to my liking...not enough banana flavour :p

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, we didn't expect much from it because this is after all a budget banana cake. Normally budget banana cake put too much banana essence so they are not nice but not this one so we are ok with it cos too much banana essence is not nice.

      Delete
  2. I m not into nescafe products & banana cake. Yes to ytf and pan mee! Pasembor at RM7 without egg is overpriced. Is it bcoz u added sotong?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wah, you are so well versed with pasembor rojak. How did you know that there are pieces of sotong in it? I didn't request for sotong but there are pieces of sotong inside. Wah, you are truly a foodie.

      Delete
  3. Texture looks good and yes, I can't stand those with a lot of banana essence too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes the texture is fine and soft. Too much banana essence is so off putting.

      Delete
  4. I don't know about this, but the banana cakes that I have tried have very strong banana essence which I don't like. After I have finished the Nescafe Gold Blend, I want to try this Nescafe Latte Mocha. Nice looking ytf.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Those banana cakes with authentic genuine bananas in them and no banana essence cost about MYR 35 nett per loaf so we tried to find an acceptable budget banana cake. There are many types of Nescafe latte 3in1 so you have many choices other than mocha.

      Delete
  5. I never try this banana cake brand. Apricots!! Bought some few weeks ago and I ate most of them. Fragrant and mildly sweet. Kids did not like them though.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Is mighty white brand available at your side? Apricots are tasty. I think children need to acquire the taste for them.

      Delete
  6. This banana cake sounds nice from your description. I have seen it sold at Jaya Grocer.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is acceptable for a budget banana cake. Please don't expect too much out of it.

      Delete
  7. Ok will not buy this banana cake. :) Haven't seen it around actually.

    I have bought Latte Caramel a few times after a colleague told me this was his all-time fav. Haven't tried this version.

    Your pan mee/ytf looks tasty.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahaha, so you only want to buy those authentic banana cakes around MYR 35 ? You like the latte caramel? Not too sweet ah? Yes the pan Mee and ytf go well together.

      Delete
    2. Actually... cake with real banana is quite easy to make. :p Not that I have made any for long time already.

      The latte caramel does have a nice fragrance. Ya bit too sweet and not enough caffeine. My usual is still Chek Hup 2 in 1 where I add the provided sugar.

      Delete
    3. Yes if you can bake it then of course no need to buy. So your favourite coffee is chek hup 2 in 1.

      Delete
    4. For coffee from sachet yes, Chek Hup wins hands down.

      Delete
    5. Ok, maybe I go look at the chek hup 2 in 1 to see how many types are there. If only one, then I can buy to let my spouse try since he is the one drinking coffee.

      Delete
  8. I eat banana cake during my vegetarian days. I have been eating a lot of ytf recently.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Your vegetarian days can eat eggs and dairy I see. Ytf is tasty.

      Delete
  9. The liew i chose for ytf are hard boiled eggs, fried meat balls, white radish, fried beancurds etc

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Here don't have hard boiled eggs for ytf.

      Delete