Tuesday, July 14, 2020

HP Sauce and Big Ben

I got a request to buy this bottle of HP brown sauce from Aeon Big Supermarket at MYR 6.40 nett.

It is a UK brand but made in the Netherlands. It has Tamarind (Assam) and Malt Vinegar in its ingredients so it is a tiny bit sourish. I tried it on my fried egg sandwich and it was so flavourful and appetising that I wanted to eat more food after I have finished eating my egg sandwich so I don't use it anymore because I don't want to eat more food. Have you tried this HP Brown Sauce before?

Oh, so Big Ben won't be ringing out until 2021.

*** Monday 13 July 2020 d118 ***

10.54 am - my breakfast of 4 sugar apricots bought on the previous Saturday.

11.11 am - His after breakfast snack of the remaining 4 sugar apricots so all of them are cleared. Sweet and tasty.

12.41 noon - my lunch of fried rice with mixed frozen vegetables (finished up the remaining Kawan mixed frozen vegetables), duck gizzard and waxed sausages. I added a piece of duck meat from the fridge.

13.35 pm - I still feel like eating so I ate a few scoops of red bean paste from the fridge. 500 grams of red beans sure gave a lot of red bean paste. I have been eating a few scoops every day since the previous Thursday. Dinner will be 3 frozen sui gao in Pan Mee soup.

16 comments:

  1. The apricots look so vibrant. I don't think I have eaten this fruit before. :p

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Normal apricots are bigger, like peach. These sugar apricots are much smaller.

      Delete
  2. Have not bought HP sauce for a long time, used to use it to marinate meat for BBQs. These days, there are some nice BBQ sauces.

    ReplyDelete
  3. the fried rice is so colorful....yummy roasted duck!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Use frozen mix vege sure will be colourful. This roast duck is the one we always buy.

      Delete
  4. Oh, I don't have brown sauce at home... I think I will bookmark this!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hah, after eating this HP brown sauce, appetite will turn very good and will want to eat many things.

      Delete
  5. I will look out for the sugar apricots on my next trip to the supermarket. Looks delicious.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes they are delicious and easier to eat than mangoes which are equally delicious!

      Delete
  6. I have tried HP sauce before and I like it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like it too but I cannot eat it because it gives me very good appetite until I keep on wanting to eat food, food, food. Lolx!

      Delete
  7. Oh so tamarind is assam, i had tamarind juice last night at the viet eatery.

    Have not seen or tried this HP sauce before.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, tamarind is Assam. The tamarind juice must be very appetising.

      Delete
  8. Must be apricot season. I bought a punnet which didn't have a price tag about 3 weeks back from Econsave and it turned out rather expensive. Should be getting cheaper.

    I can't eat red bean so many days hehe.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Could be a supplier just bought a batch of apricots. Have to eat everyday to finish it. Hehehe, I can eat the same food for a long time every day.

      Delete