Thursday, July 30, 2020

Microwaved Cup Cheese Cake

Found an online recipe to make cheese cake in a cup using microwave. Looks easy enough. Just mix 4 tablespoonful of cream cheese, 2 tablespoonful of greek yogurt, 2 tablespoonful of sugar and one egg together and microwaved it for 1 min and 3 times 20 secs intervals. All 3 supermarkets in Midvalley / Gardens Mall do not have Philadelphia cream cheese. Instead of greek yogurt, sour cream is used.

Day 1: Made it on Fri 24 Jul, ate it on Sat 25 Jul after it sat in the fridge for one night.

I just used cream cheese without sour cream so it was dense with fine texture. Tastes like sweet cream cheese.

Day 2: The Bega Tatura cream cheese says to consume all within 5 days of opening so I had to make the cheese cake for 5 days in a row at most which I shortened it to 4 times.

Day 2: Made it on Sat 25 Jul, ate it on Sun 26 Jul after it sat in the fridge for one night.

This time I use sour cream so it tastes really nice despite being lumpy because I use the cream cheese cold from the fridge and it did not melt fully during the mixing.

Day 3: Made it on Sun 26 Jul, ate it on Mon 27 Jul after it sat in the fridge for one night.

This time I made sure that all the cream cheese melted but I did not mix the egg well enough so the egg white can be seen to be separated. Taste a bit bitter which I suspect due to using too much sour cream, more than 2 tablespoons.

Day 4: Use another type of sugar just to see if I can taste the sugar when the cake is done.

Day 4: Made it on Mon 27 Jul, ate it on Tue 28 Jul after it sat in the fridge for one night.

Mixed well this time but the sugar is not sweet at all. So in 4 days I consumed 250 g of cream cheese and about 110 g of sour cream which I think is not a healthy thing to do so no more making any cheese cake using microwave anymore. Nothing is wasted. All ended up in my tummy.

*** Wednesday 29 July 2020 d134 ***

9.17 am - my breakfast of 3jc soup version MYR 6.50 nett takeaway from Choy Kei coffee shop. I requested for mee hoon mixed with hor fun with no minced meat and for the soup to be put together with the noodles. The seller was incredulous and almost refused to do it until I convinced him that it is ok, I will eat it immediately when I get home. True enough, once I reached home, the noodles have soaked up all the soup and are so soft and yummy, just the way I like them.

I also bought our favourite seafood mee hoon mixed with hor fun MYR 8 nett from the same shop for his breakfast. Lunch is chye kuih and sweet kuih from the same shop too. Dinner is frozen sui gao in the remaining seafood mee hoon soup.

12.37 noon - Lunch: These chye kuih are being sold as crystal dumplings at MYR 1 nett each so bought 10 with 1 foc. I also bought one red angku with mung bean fillings and one green white kuih talam to try from the same stall.

The red angku tastes ok, with soft not too oily thick skin and not too sweet mung bean fillings so I will buy it again. The green white kuih talam is a total no. The texture of the green part is too firm and elastic with an out-of-place taste which I cannot put my finger on.

The fillings for the crystal dumplings are:
1. jicama with spring onion and dried shrimps
2. jicama with mushrooms
3. jicama with lots of choy poh
4. jicama with pieces of prawns
5. tom yum jicama
6. jicama with seaweeds
7. chives
8. yam
9. red carrots with belacan - the fillings are on the sweet side although it has belacan.

Tore them into halves to show the fillings. I will buy 10 again to get one free but won't be able to eat all 11 at one go even though it is on a 2 person sharing basis.

16 comments:

  1. The crystal dumplings look so colorful....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes. It is because they have ba variety of fillings.

      Delete
  2. The chai koi so fat and round - ours here flat, hardly any filling! Can only be thankful if the skin is nice and well made.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. These chai koi has very nice skin, not too thick. The fillings are a lot too.

      Delete
  3. Yeah I was kinda surprised to see with the cream cheese and sour cream. :) Like you said it is a sweet indulgence but should not be consumed often.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Both cream cheese and sour cream are not sweet. That is why the recipe needs to put sugar but I put half the sugar so they are not sweet too. It is the fats that are unhealthy.

      Delete
  4. Wow. You are very persisted. Good try!!

    Dumplings looked too cute and colourful.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Had enough fun d. Yes the crystal dumplings are so colourful.

      Delete
  5. I've had few cheesecakes in a cup recently. Have to say I've been impressed. Easy to carry too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Tasty not mention easy and fast to make too!

      Delete
  6. I have been wanting to make cheese cake but somehow never get started. I think its better for me to just buy a piece to enjoy whenever I want to eat. If I were to make, I will have to consume all or give most of it to friends.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This is just a cup size so just nice like a slice of cake.

      Delete
  7. The crystal dumplings look so big, round and cute. What a wide variety of fillings.

    ReplyDelete
  8. So it's not that easy to make those cheesecakes!

    The crystal dumplings look very nice.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahahaha, this is considered easy Wei. Lolx. I haven't been back to buy the crystal dumplings.

      Delete