Wednesday, July 29, 2020

Tong Garden and Fuyun Chestnuts

That day I peeled roast chestnuts for one hour and I am not doing that again so I bought these peeled chestnuts. The  Fuyun Gourmet Roasted Peeled Chestnut. 128 g costs MYR 4.70 nett from Aeon Supermarket and one big pack of Tong Garden chestnuts (300g) contains 5 packets of 60g chestnuts in it and the usual price is MYR 11.41 nett but the promo price is MYR 9.99 nett so I bought two big packs. The chestnuts are soft and sweet so they are good enough.

There are 5 packets of 60g peeled chestnuts in the big packet. 60g is about 11 peeled chestnuts.

The Fuyun Gourmet Roasted Peeled Chestnut - 128 g that costs MYR 4.70 nett from Aeon Supermarket has about 28 chestnuts in it. Compared to Tong Garden chestnuts, these chestnuts are drier and the texture is on the powdery side.

*** Tueday 28 July 2020 d133 *** 

 12.12 noon - not my lunch of curry cintan instant noodles with egg, vege and all the remaining siew yuk from 21 July 2020 d126 so it took us about one week to finish 670 g of the 1 kg siew yuk as we gave 330 g away. For this day, I ate nestum choc cereal, one mug cheese cake, cashew nuts, chestnuts, 2 texas chicken honey biscuits and drank some unsweetened soy packet drink throughout the whole day. He ate bread, peanut butter for breakfast, marigold peach jelly and cereal with unsweetened soy packet drink for dinner. I would say this day is a snack this and that day with no proper main meals.

18 comments:

  1. We have Tong Garden here. We buy those chestnuts quite frequently.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, so you all like their peeled chestnuts. Supposed to be organic chestnuts too.

      Delete
  2. These chestnuts are convenient to eat as they are peeled already right. Sometimes I do prefer the ones which are roasted on the spot.

    ReplyDelete
  3. yummy curry instant noodles...my type of meal with siew yuk and egg added in.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hehehehe, you like meals like this, easy to cook too (not cooked by me). 😋😊

      Delete
  4. I love roasted chestnuts and I am the only one doing the peeling whenever I roast chestnuts.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's because no one else like to peel since it is not easy to peel.

      Delete
  5. Oh, these chestnuts are nice... my girl likes buying them to eat as snacks...

    ReplyDelete
  6. I remember to good old days when chestnuts were fried with hot sand. They were so fragrant!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, I only know they were fried with coffee beans. Sand!? Hmmmm.

      Delete
  7. Now you are tempting to buy those peeled roasted chestnuts to eat as snack again.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your meals can be really mix-and-match! I'm a bit fussy, must have proper kind of meal at least once a day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am very relax when it is about food. As long as I am not hungry then ok d.

      Delete