Monday, July 27, 2020

Nestum Brown Rice Instant Cereal

The usual price for one big pack is MYR 11.70 nett but on that day, Aeon Big is selling each big pack for MYR 8.90 nett so I bought two big packs of different types. These drinks are handy when one is very hungry and wants to have a quick drink to stop the hunger. Nestum is a multi-grain drink that has wheat, corn, and rice and I have been eating it from young.

Brown rice drinks with 26% less sugar.

Brown rice version - does not look any different.

Just mix with hot water and eat.

The chocolate version.

Mix with hot water and eat - so easy. The chocolate version is much sweeter than the brown rice version so I prefer the brown rice version. Next time I will mix this chocolate version with plain instant oats to lessen the sweetness and to bulk up the volume.

*** Sunday 26 July 2020 d131 *** 

 7.55 am - not my breakfast of vit's air dried thick noodles in the previous day pork Yee Mee remaining broth with added vege, ham and egg.

 9.37 am - I had to eat this portion of noodles because he cooked 3 bricks of noodles when he saw how small a brick is without realizing that it was a compressed brick and that one brick of noodles is enough for a meal so should have just cooked one for breakfast and not 3.

2.30 pm - late lunch of chicken rice MYR 5.50 nett and very very salty and oily ckt with Mee MYR 6.50 nett from friendship cafe. Bought 3jc too at MYR 7 nett for breakfast the next day.

16 comments:

  1. I do enjoy Nestum, love my missus' Nestum cookies. Haven't had that for a while now.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nestum cookies are popular! I ate them when young.

      Delete
  2. I have not had Nestum for quite some time. :) Guess it is something "old" to me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So you get new things you don't want "old" things anymore.

      Delete
  3. I like Nestum but seldom drink it these days. I miss Nestum cookies which we have during CNY.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah, like STP, you are used to eating Nestum cookies. So what do you eat or drink as a quick hunger stopper before you can go out for a proper meal?

      Delete
  4. I only like nestum cooked with chicken or prawns.. not to drink but to eat.. :) and I like the brick noodles you made.. or your partner made..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have only eaten nestum prawns but not nestum chicken. Those are vit's air dried broad noodles.

      Delete
  5. I like nestum. Tasted the original from a very young age and I still prefer the original.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The brown rice nestum is not sweet so you may like it.

      Delete
  6. The instant cereal oats i bought is not nestum brand but Quaker's

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I buy both brands and also Milo brand too.

      Delete
  7. Every time I buy those Nestum they will expire haha. If I make something to drink it'd be coffee, if hungry I'd want something savoury.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Can add these nestum into unsweetened coffee to drink together. Same as NuxV who prefers savoury food.

      Delete