Wednesday, July 1, 2020

Healthy Soy Soft Cake

Recap from the previous post - Wed 7 Nov 2018 Day 2 in Taipei - at 1 pm - we walked past this bakery 滿福堂餅行(Man Fu Tang) where I went in to buy some pastries.
Address: No. 3, Section 2, Zhongxiao East Road, Zhongzheng District, Taipei City, Taiwan 100

These are the pastries that I bought.

A box of soy cake.

This cake costs TWD 220 which is now about MYR 32. 

Very, very soft and light soy cake. I believe I chose yam paste fillings. So light that after eating is like never ate but very tasty so I buy it again to eat on this trip when I have eaten this soy cake during my previous trips.

Copied from Man Fu Tang website.


1.10 pm, we continued walking and passed this Huanshan 1914 Creative Park. It used to be a wine factory. You can read the history in this article.
Address: No. 1, Section 1, Bade Road, Zhongzheng District, Taipei City, Taiwan 100

1.30 pm - We walked to this Zhen Yi Xuan bakery which is very famous for its yam products (taro products), especially the yam paste cubes dessert shown in the banner poster above.
Address: No. 102, Section 2, Zhongxiao East Road, Zhongzheng District, Taipei City, Taiwan 100

As can be seen from the poster on the pillar on the left, they sell mung bean pastries too but I did not buy any because we need to continue walking and I don't want to carry a big box with me while walking.

Zhen Yi Xuan. They also sell Pineapple pastries too.

We just bought the Taro paste cubes dessert - 4 for TWD 180 according to the website which is about MYR 26. It has strong fragrant taro / yam taste and milky sweet. One of my friends bought them in bulk to give to friends as gifts from Taipei.

Showcasing the empty container of the Zhen Yi Yuan Taro taro cubes.

*** Tuesday 30 June 2020 d105 ***

9 am - Not my breakfast, only one of the fried eggs is mine which I ate with bread for breakfast. At 1 pm, just ate remaining bkt from Sunday with bread as lunch and it is bread again for dinner at 7 pm so no photos of bread, bread, bread.

18 comments:

  1. I wish we hav soy cake over here...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wish so too. Very soft and light. Very suitable for me to eat cos it is very easy to eat.

      Delete
  2. Taro paste cubes look very enticing for sure. Soft and yummy. :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is yummy for sure but not very, very soft. Just soft enough.

      Delete
  3. They sure spend a lot on their packaging, all look so nice.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think the nice packaging costs are passed on to consumers.

      Delete
  4. Nice packaging. Not cheap soy cake.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. But taste very good. Well worth the price paid but I think you can bake your own soy cake. Nice packaging must factor in the price I guess.

      Delete
  5. Soy cake looks good. I want to taste the yam paste dessert.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Soy cake is very nice cos very light so is very easy to eat. Maybe one day you will visit Taipei and taste this yam paste dessert.

      Delete
  6. Looks like you had a good trip and enjoyed the food. Taiwanese food not so ngam with my tastebuds.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cannot generalized Taiwan food like that. You must visit Taiwan to eat the food there and not based on what you ate in Taiwan restaurants here.

      Delete
  7. I always enjoyed eating freshly baked cakes and bubble milk tea in Taipei. I have not tried this soy cake yet. I will definitely try it next year.

    PH is missing out so much delicious and tasty food in Taiwan and Japan. Her bank account gets fatter for not spending.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, you have tickets to redeem since you didn't use your tickets this year I believe so go go go next year and enjoy! PH buys more fish for girl girl for not going traveling.

      Delete
  8. I want to try the yam paste dessert but i am not going taiwan anymore.

    ReplyDelete
  9. So much sweet stuff. I rather prefer your breakfast picture at the end!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not eating those sweet stuffs all at once mah.

      Delete