Thursday, February 20, 2020

Oden FamilyMart

FamilyMart was having 25% off its Oden so we bought some oden as snacks. We find the crabstick to be worth buying again as it has two different textures whereas the rest can be found in other eateries as fish balls or other processed food.

I bought the Strawberry Softserve cup because the familymart app promo takes MYR 1 off but because the strawberry sauce is out of stock, this tastes just like a big softserve cone and it was too much for me so if I knew beforehand that the strawberry sauce is not available, I would not have ordered this because it was an ordeal to eat so much softserve ice cream at one go.

Total bill is MYR 10.20 nett which is a good price because the oden are expensive without 25% off. Another good thing is FamilyMart accepts credit card payment.

We noticed that Old Town White Coffee at Midvalley Mall has been replaced by this eatery named Sek Tong with the tagline "Dine in the 70's" so I wonder what food it will be serving.

 Waroeng Penyet at Midvalley Mall seems to have a queue during lunch afterall.

Set lunch menu from Zok Noodle House, Midvalley Mall which includes a cup of coffee at MYR 14.95 nett. The broth tastes sweet which I think is too sweet for a bowl of savoury pork noodle.

Credit card payment is accepted.

Saw this jade earrings on a poster. Do you think they are pretty or too big?

New drink stall from Australia is in Gardens Mall since Dec 2019. Instead of bubble tea, it serves rice in yogurt drinks. My friend says the purple rice in yogurt drink is very tasty but I could not bring myself to try it yet. You can read more about this drink stall at this url.

16 comments:

  1. Pork noodles looks like something I would enjoy. The strawberry softserve looks good too, so smooth. Not a fan of Old Town, so no love lost there.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I haven't tried neither Malaysia's Family Mart oden nor Yomie yet. :P

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've not tried the oden. My friend says he buys it and adds noodles to the soup when he goes home. Must taste good.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Now you can also choose noodles as one of the ingredients.

      Delete
  4. You enjoy Oden? I have seen many people eating it at Family Mart but I feel that I might not like it. There is a Yomie's Yogurt at Damansara Uptown, somewhere behind the Balai Polis. But yogurt and rice does not sound like something I could stomach LOL!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You can try the Oden in spicy tomyum soup. It is very easy to eat. You may like it. I think you may also like Yomie's Yogurt, just go try it out if you are game to find out whether you will like it or not. If you prefer it to be sourish, choose the one with Hawthorne.

      Delete
  5. oh....got 25% off for the Oden? until when? I might go try if there's such good promotion...looks yummy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think the promotion is over but you can get the app which will give you some promotion.

      Delete
  6. Same here, rice in yogurt drink sounds weird, don't think i want to try it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't think there is a lot of rice in it. Maybe just enough to give it a chewy texture.

      Delete
  7. I like the smooth ice cream. Not a fan of Oden.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The oden in Taiwan and Japan are a bit different.

      Delete
  8. I really love the oden at our Family Mart here. To me it tasted exactly like anywhere in Japan as my wife is an addict. She had eaten all the oden from Sapporo down to Fukuoka! Kikikikiki

    I drank all her soup to keep warm. Yums!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah, then you must eat more oden at family mart then to support support them.

      Delete