Monday, October 1, 2018

WG DC Mall

DC Mall has been around for quite some time but only recently I visited it. There are quite a number of attractive eateries and after walking around looking at each eatery, this banner below captured my interest.

The complimentary drink is a cup of barley drink. If one orders from the ala carte menu, one could get this same cup of barley drink by adding MYR 1 nett.

Lontong Set it is for me at MYR 13 nett. I requested for no sugar for my barley drink with ice. The gravy broth for this lontong is very creamy with coconut milk, rich with galangal taste and less salty than the one at AMAH. It has long beans, carrots, cabbages, jicamas and a half hard boiled egg with 8 compressed rice cubes. I returned the saucer of sambal immediately when it was served because it would be too flavourful and spicy for me if I eat the sambal as well.

Tasty rice cubes, 2 cubes are still hidden in the gravy broth. The broth does not taste spicy but after 1 hour of eating this dish, I can feel my stomach burning so I guess it is spicy after all.

MYR 13 nett.

Ole Melaka at DC Mall.

This was supposed to be my reason for visiting DC Mall.

Tempting cakes.

I was supposed to eat The Huckleberry Burnt Cheesecake (a slice for MYR 18) at Birch to see whether it is as good as the cheesecake at The Tokyo Restaurant at Lot 10 but I did not feel like eating cheese cake due to having eaten 3/8 of a red bean salted egg yolk mooncake from Ming Yue bakery from Ipoh so perhaps one day I will be back to try the cheese cake. Update: I did go back for this cheese cake during the weekend on a Sunday.

24 comments:

  1. I find food at AMAH salty too hence I dined there once only. I've always wanted to give them a second chance but recently a friend told me that it is as salty so I just skipped.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The AMAH fried chicken is not salty at all. I guess people eat the fried chicken together with the sambal so it tastes salty due to the fried chicken.

      Delete
    2. due to the sambal I mean.

      Delete
  2. I just had lontong recently too, same as you, i will eat the lontong without the sambal as it would be too spicy for me, that day after eating the lontong, my stomach a lot of winds, because of the lontong gravy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. must be the coconut milk in the gravy.

      Delete
    2. wonder how the lontong you ate look like.

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. yes cos I don't see it often on menus of the eateries that I frequent.

      Delete
  4. Love value-for-money set lunches! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  5. I was at DC mall on 22 Sept, I passed by this shop but was too full to try out the cakes...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. go again for the cakes during a weekend like I did.

      Delete
  6. I never try Lontong so I don't know how it tasted like.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. like ketupat rice in vegetable curry gravy.

      Delete
  7. Waiting for cake review. :)

    I never liked nasi himpit so will never lontong one.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. but taste nicer than rice wor.

      Delete
    2. No no not nice. Rice better. Hahaha.

      Delete
    3. you can order lontong and a separate bowl of rice. That way you can get to try the lontong gravy and vege and still get to eat your rice. hah!

      Delete
  8. I must visit DC Mall one day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. bring your brother to Birch one weekend but please remember to make reservations there because it was full house for lunch when we were there.

      Delete
  9. Since I retired, I have not eaten lontong.

    ReplyDelete