Sunday, September 30, 2018

WG Lost it

I happened to be in the area of the A&W in PJ so we dropped by for lunch. As usual I had the set of beef coney bun with curly fries and since I chose to have curly fries it means I get a large glass of  root beer at MYR 14.25+ (6% SST = MYR 15.10 nett). A regular set with regular fries costs MYR 12.80+ (MYR 13.57 nett). I chose to add a single scoop of ice cream to the root beer by topping up MYR 1.35+ (MYR1.43 nett) to get a glass of root beer float so my set costs a total of MYR 16.53 nett.

The curly fries are tasty but I find it too flavourful. There are some chewy bits in the beef sausage that I had to spit out. The root beer drink was not cold enough so this meal was a less satisfying experience than the previous occasion.

Total Bill for 2 pax is MYR 30.15 nett.

The A&W branch in PJ that I am glad to know that it is still around.

Next time, I think I will just have a regular root beer with double scoop of ice cream at MYR 5.65+ (MYR 6 nett) to see if I find it satisfying.

14 comments:

  1. I prefer curly fries than the normal fries

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No more A & W in SG, can only find them in Malaysia

      Delete
    2. I guess many people prefer curly fries so that is why the price is higher.

      Delete
    3. I hope they don't leave here.

      Delete
  2. The first ever fast food franchise that I went to - I think that was in 1971 in Singapore...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Same here but not in Singapore and not in 1971.

      Delete
  3. It has been ages since I visited A&W. I used to like their fish sandwich.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wonder whether they still have fish sandwich. If they do, I may go try it.

      Delete
  4. Curly fries with A&W, I like such combo.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's not closing then? Hmm normally fast food is pretty consistent.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I used to enjoy the root beer float.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. it is tasty if the root beer is very very cold.

      Delete