Tuesday, September 4, 2018

Liang and Awa Mee Midvalley

Liang Sandwich Bar and Awa Mee Bar at Midvalley Mall, launched a few weeks ago I think.

Which one should I try? Prices range from MYR 3.90 nett to MYR 9.90 nett.

I believe this "sambal ikan bilis" choice should only be available here and not in Taiwan where this chain originated.

These are the sauces and drinks on the menu.

Finally I decided to go with the most expensive option - MYR 9.90 nett.

Chicken meat or is it chicken ham (I am not sure) with egg and vege wrapped in "pancake". The pancake is a very, very crispy and fluffy version of roti canai. It is so light that I did not even feel like I am eating any carb at all. The sauce has the taste of bonito flakes which is quite nice. It is just right for a small eater like me but won't be enough for a regular eater. I will try the egg and scallion type next time.

Awa Mee Bar's tagline - "Pairing Heavenly Soup with Dedicated Mee". Any idea what is dedicated mee?

Please click on these two photos of the menu for a larger image.

Maybe one day I will go try one of these noodle items.

**************************************************
Updated later (24102018 Wed from draft)

This is the Liang Sandwich Bar at the food court in Pavilion.

**** updated on 20 October 2019 (Sunday) - Liang Sandwich new menu:

This new menu is around Feb 2019

The menu is updated again. Photo taken around Sep 2019.

18 comments:

  1. Oh me and my buddy Jose saw this Liang Sandwich at KSL JB but as there are no seats available and by the time we dabao back it will be cold, so in the end we did not buy any

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. you can just eat it as you walk. I did that too.

      Delete
  2. I wonder how much they pay Jay Chou for the endorsement., LOL!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I keep seeing pictures of this on FB. Must be good.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Their menu is so interesting. I must go and try this place soon.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think I saw this when I was in JB. Looks interesting but we didn't get to try this.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I would need two of those sandwiches to fill me up :D

    ReplyDelete