Monday, September 24, 2018

Four yolks

Lotus with Four yolks moon cake from Oversea Restaurant at MYR 22 nett each but there are various promotions to get 10% to 15% off.

I cut the mooncake into 4 equal quarters and as expected, there is a salted egg yolk in each quarter.

These are the 4 boxes with mooncakes that I bought before 1 Sep 2018 and gave away after eating the moon cakes at MYR 125.80 nett after 15% discounts so it is MYR 31.45 nett per mooncake and box. They did not sell the mooncakes separately without the boxes initially but now after all the boxes are out of stock, they are selling each mooncake for MYR 26.50 nett inclusive of  6% SST (MYR 25 before SST so that means each box costs MYR 6.45 nett).

4pc Mooncake Giftbox @ MYR 148 nett per set
Set A – Japanese Red Bean, White Pure Lotus Paste, Pure Lotus Double Yolk & Pandan Pure Lotus Paste
Set B – Pure Lotus Paste, Pure Lotus Single Yolk, Assorted Fruit Nuts & Green Tea Pure Lotus Single Yolk
I selected Set B because I wanted the Assorted Fruit Nuts mooncake though I wanted the double yolk too.

Decoration at Shoppes at Four Seasons Place. 

Happy Mooncake festival to you all who are celebrating this festival!

24 comments:

  1. FOUR yolks! It has been ages since I ate a four yolks mooncake. I wonder if they do still sell it tomorrow :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like there are a few bloggers who like nutty mooncakes.

    Happy Mooncake Festival to you too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. Have you tried mixed nuts mooncakes?

      Delete
    2. Nope, have not try before.

      The packaging boxes, for the rabbit, can relate to mid autumn festival cos there is the Jade Rabbit, but deer reminds of Christmas LOL

      Delete
  3. Oh boy!!! FOUR! That would be all yolks, very little lotus paste...and people say you can't eat more than two eggs a day, together with the white...but that will four yolks at one go in one mooncake.

    The boxes are kinda feminine. No, I'm not into those with nuts - some love it and would insist on the bits of lard in it! We do not get a lot from West Malaysia this year - just Yong Sheng and Baker's Cottage...and the halal Sinar. I guess they've learnt their lesson well - so expensive, of course, nobody will buy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was surprised that there was still a lot of lotus paste around the 4 yolks. I only eat 1/8 of a mooncake each day so for this mooncake, it means 1/2 a yolk so still within what people say. :)

      Delete
  4. Didn't know 4-yolk ones were still around! I like yolks but think will stick to a max of 2 in a mooncake.

    The boxes are pretty though simpler compared to last year's.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The more yolk the merrier! lolx!

      Delete
    2. Don't bother with the mooncake then? Haha.

      Delete
    3. Oh, but eating the salted egg yolk together with the sweet lotus paste is a totally different experience than eating the salted egg yolk alone lah.

      Delete
  5. wow, 4-yolks! I have never eaten 4 yolks mooncake before...but then, I wouldn't coz 1 yolk is already enuff otherwise can't taste the lotus paste.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahahaha, for this mooncake, I guarantee that you can taste the lotus paste.

      Delete
  6. The boxes are so nice and colourful. Rabbit and deer on top. I haven't tasted mooncake with yolk this year yet. Not that I like it though.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I did not buy any mooncakes to eat this year... seeing all those packaging sold outside, they are indeed very attractive!

    ReplyDelete
  8. That is a lot of yolks! I have never had the four yolk ones, only one or two yolks. Now I only like the ones with fruit and nuts. Happy Mooncake festival to you too!

    ReplyDelete
  9. So far I have only eaten mooncakes with 2 egg yolks. The boxes are very pretty. I prefer the 5 mixed nuts but my teeth are not able to bite them due to weak gums.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree that the mixed nuts are quite tough to chew. 2 egg yolks would be more than enough but I am just greedy so I go for 4 egg yolks. :p

      Delete