Thursday, September 6, 2018

Lontong

I ordered lontong as I wanted to try it the previous time at MYR 12.30 nett.

I like all the ingredients - tempeh, hard boiled egg, beancurd puffs, glass noodles, compressed rice, squid sambal, and lots of other vegetables in the coconut milk rich gravy. If only the gravy is less salty then I would order this again.

Plain Nasi Lemak at MYR 4.70 nett and Chicken Rendang at MYR 8.20 nett.

Looks much better when they are put together. The rendang gravy tastes very nice with the fragrance of lemon grass and ginger.

Total bill for 2 pax is MYR 28.10 nett at Ali, Muthu and Ah Hock at The Sphere, Kerinchi/Bangsar South.

24 comments:

  1. Now you make me have craving for Lontong

    ReplyDelete
  2. Because it has boiled eggs I think I would also wnna try that!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooooo...I love lontong and this on looks super good!!! Nasi lemak looks great too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I believe you know how to cook your own lontong.

      Delete
  4. I haven't try lontong. Not sure I would enjoy it or not but I will give it a try some day if I could find anyone selling it over here.

    Nasi lemak for me any time.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have not taken lontong since I retire... LOL... Reminded me of my office canteen and meetings, whereby lontong is a common sight. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah, so you used to eat lontong often when you were working.

      Delete
  6. Oh my, I am feeling hungry after looking at all these food pictures. Drooling!

    ReplyDelete
  7. ah lontong! long time no eat....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Got tempeh inside this one, you don't eat, right?

      Delete
  8. Funny that I have not had lontong before. I'm sure I will like it.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I ate here before. I find their food a bit on the salty side.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nasi lemak fried chicken and soto is ok. just the soup of this lontong a bit salty.

      Delete
  10. I just can't get used to the blandness of compressed rice. The lontong seems pricey when there aren't many ingredients inside.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. like the plain rice you eat with dishes, this compressed rice you eat with the coconut milk gravy and vegetables. Anyway rice has its own very fragance pure rice taste.

      Delete