Tuesday, September 18, 2018

47BD5 Blue Moon Meal

Lunch for 4 pax before 1 Sept 2018.

A glass of hot floral tea at MYR 6.13+ (10% service charge = MYR 6.74 nett), a half eaten saucer of braised peanuts at MYR 1.89+ (MYR 2.08 nett) and a hot stone pot filled with fried multigrain rice with mushroom at MYR 23.58+ (MYR 25.94 nett) meant for 1 pax but we shared the fried rice between 4 pax.

2 bowls of plain white rice at MYR 2.83+ (MYR 3.11 nett) each and my favourite salted egg yolk prawns without shells dish at MYR 35.85+ (MYR 39.43 nett) which is just as delicious as before because the prawns are fresh and the salted egg yolk coating tastes so creamy and rich.

A plate of mixed vegetable stir-fry at MYR 22.64+ (MYR 24.90 nett) which consists of crunchy broccoli, baby corns, sugar snap peas, and bok choy.

My cold mango pomelo dessert at MYR 10.38+ (MYR 11.41 nett) and a bowl of hot Harsmar/ Hashima dessert for my friend at MYR 26.42+ (MYR 29.06 nett). According to wiki, Hasma is an ingredient made from the dried fatty tissue found near the fallopian tubes of frogs.

The star of this lunch - deep fried grouper fish at MYR 120.80+ (MYR 132.88 nett). Luckily we requested for the sauce to be served separately because we do not like the crispy fish to be wet and drenched in sauce. When we ordered this dish, the server informed us that a fish weighs about 800g (price is MYR 8 per 50g) and we were ok with it. The fish is very crispy and fresh so we ate everything including the head but leaving the main back bone.

Total bill for 4 pax is MYR 282.80 nett at Dragon-i, Midvalley Mall.

16 comments:

  1. Most of the food here I like, the hot floral tea, salted egg yolk prawns, mixed stir fry vegetables and the mango pomelo dessert, oh, when I read until the end, no wonder I like, from Dragon-i, one of my favourite restaurants :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Long time you did not go there to eat I think. :)

      Delete
  2. Oh yes, I would dive into those divine prawns too! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love that stone bowl. Prawns like those, they call them prawn balls here maybe because they curl up into round balls, not be to be confused with fish or meat balls. I'd love that mango pomelo dessert, I'm sure and the fish looks nicely fried as well. I would love to check out the place next time - thought it is just xiao long pao and herbal soups.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes you are right. With no shells, the prawns curl up like a ball.

      Delete
  4. Oooo. The fried multigrain rice looked good. Prawns, anytime for me. Hehe.

    Grouper is expensive.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Prawns and mango dessert look so delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I like that fried rice served in hot stone bowl. I will definitely try that if I ever dine here.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Premium prices but everything looks so good.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Comfortable and nice ambiance to have tasty food so need to pay more lah.

      Delete