Friday, October 19, 2018

Leng Leng

When we are at Jalil Link, we will eat at either Hailam Kopitiam or Good Taste eatery but this Sunday we chose to eat at a new eatery.

I was very hungry at around 3pm so I ordered a portion of dry noodle for myself at MYR 7.50 nett as my early dinner instead of sharing a meal as usual. The noodle in soup costs MYR 7.50 nett too so with a glass of hot tea (MYR 1 nett), this meal for the 2 of us costs a total of MYR 16 nett.

At this price, it was a pleasant surprise for me that this noodle dish is very decent with many thin slices of pork belly, 2 pork meatballs, a few clumps of minced meat, 2 pieces of intestine, and a few leaves of cabbage, not to mention a few cubes of crispy deep fried lard (which I did not eat - what a waste I hear lard lovers say). I also like that the meehoon in my order is soft enough for me to enjoy without hurting my teeth.

Shopfront - Leng Leng at Jalil Link, Bukit Jalil.

Aha, I see Maggie Mee in the noodles selection but I don't think it goes well with this soup.

So what would you like to add to your bowl of noodles?

For the chicken chop rice, which sauce do you think will go well with the chicken chop - black pepper, mushroom, lemon sauce or thai sauce?

If I am not that hungry next time, I will just order mee kosong dry at MYR 2 nett and share the soup with my spouse.

The prices of the coffee and tea look reasonable.

In total, they offer 37 types of drinks. We have now added this eatery to our list of regular eateries in Jalil Link.

12 comments:

  1. Leng Leng is the female version of Leng Zai? LOL.

    I will choose to add on pork liver, pork kidney, minced meat and salted veg to my noodles.

    For the chicken chop, I would choose mushroom sauce.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nowadays Ipoh prices are the same rates in as Klang valley...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Especially those tourists places in Ipoh, right?

      Delete
  3. 3 pm? Here, at that time, most places would be closed already, only a few open so one would need to know where to go. Oh my! And I thought my kopi-o-peng, today's post, was expensive! Everything looks pretty good, a tad pricey but good.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Some places would be closed too at 3pm. Starbucks is pricey, this is ok.

      Delete
  4. The noodle soup did looked decent enough. That is early dinner. Not hungry at night??

    I could add everything in my noodle except the innards. No livers for me.

    For chicken chop, I always opt for brown/mushroom sauce.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No, won't be hungry at night due to the oil from the soup.

      Delete
  5. 3 pm will be tea break for us. For chicken chop rice, I will choose black pepper or mushroom sauce.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, same like Libby who chose mushroom sauce too.

      Delete
  6. And what happened to your teeth? The soup looks nice and thick.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, somehow as I aged, my teeth grows weaker, that's all.

      Delete