Thursday, October 25, 2018

Kurma Fresh Milk

After reading STP post about the delicious yogurt and fresh milk, I went and bought a bottle each to try.

I like that the fresh milk with dates (kurma) has zero added sugar and that I feel like I am eating cendol dessert when I drank it due to its taste which STP described in his post as similar to gula apong ice cream. I would not like a cendol dessert if it does not have this "gula apong ice cream" taste.

The yogurt has a sourish taste which I also like but the mixed berries flavour reminded me of cough syrup due to what  I suspect to be the cherry flavour. I guess strawberry yogurt would taste better.

My friend who does not like the taste of milk, is able to tolerate and drink this Cafe Latte milk due to its strong coffee taste which masked the taste of milk. I like it too due to the bitter coffee taste. Now I can understand why these bottles of fresh milk are so popular.

A 700g bottle of fresh date (kurma) milk costs MYR 7.82 nett whereas a 700g bottle of fresh coffee milk costs MYR 9.83 nett. The small bottle of mixed berries yogurt (200g) costs MYR 2.33 nett at Aeon Supermarket. After trying them, I don't think I will be buying them although I like their tastes as I have not been drinking milk since 10 years ago and I don't think I should start again now.

16 comments:

  1. Wonder if I can take these as I have lactose intolerance.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You can try by sharing with your friends who like to drink fresh milk.

      Delete
  2. WHAT??? They are so cheap there? We've been fleeced alive here!!! Yogurt is over 6, the kurma is 9, almost 10 and the coffee is over RM11. Tsk! Tsk! Gotta tell everybody - BOYCOTT!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh! That's a small bottle, the yogurt. We do not have it that size here. :(

      Delete
    2. I guess taking a flight over contributes to the price.

      Delete
    3. The small bottles of yogurt are not placed together with the big bottles in the supermarket that I went to.

      Delete
  3. Most Kuching people is crazy over these karma milk. They 'sapu' when there is stock available in Aeon, I heard. But I am not so crazy over them.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have yet to try this brand though I see it quite often on the shelves. Do you find the kurma one sweet, very sweet or just nice? I am afraid to try because I cannot tahan drinks that are overly sweet and I know that dates can be quite sweet.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This is not overly sweet. It is just slightly sweet, very nice I would say. Do give it a try to see if you like it. The coffee milk is sweeter than the kurma/date milk.

      Delete
  5. Ohh.. how I wish I could drink milk like you all.. I dont like milk but I love ice cream... I wonder why..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I seldom drink fresh milk but I can drink it without any major side effects.

      Delete
  6. Haven't tried any of these flavoured milk yet.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've been eyeing the coffee one for ages. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. What is holding you back from trying them?

      Delete