Tuesday, October 3, 2023

One 85 egg tart Nam Heong

On Tuesday 3.oct.2023, our target is to eat the MYR 1.85 egg tart in Nam Heong Promo from 2.oct.2023 to 6.oct.2023 which begins at 12 noon. Since we are buying takeaway chapfan lunch for the Elderlies from Fatty Mixed Rice Sri Petaling we ate our brunch there too.

We have a voucher for a cup of free hot white coffee with a minimum order of MYR 20 so we ordered siew Mai, steamed egg custard and cendol ice dessert before 12 noon to claim that free cup of hot white coffee and then when the clock strikes 12 noon, we ordered one MYR 1.85 egg tart each as the t&c stipulates that one egg tart only per one customer.

11.56 am - iced cendol dessert MYR 6.90+ top view. The portion is bigger than my expectation.

11.58 am - side view, oh so tall. 😋

12.12 noon - ah, what a surprise! Why is there a big ball of red bean paste with whole red beans embedded in the ball of red bean paste in the heart of the shaved ice? Never seen this type of cendol before 😂 too much sweetness for me to down in one sitting so I pour all the remaining dessert into my container and brought it home.

3.23 pm - after being in my freezer for a few hours, I ate all the remaining dessert and kept the red bean ball for future days because the red bean ball is sweet and I have had enough sugar for one day.

12.05 noon - the two MYR 1.85+ each egg tarts. Usual price is MYR 3 ish per tart. The tarts now have a bit of under baked pastry skins unlike before but they are still better tasting egg tarts compared to many egg tarts.

11.59 am - his siew Mai MYR 7.9+ which I didn't eat at all because I am making extra effort not to eat minced meat.

11.54 am - side view steamed caramel egg custard MYR 6.9+ 

11.53 am - top view. The caramel egg custard is tasty on the top part but the bottom part is quite mushy and felt like it required more time to steam. The free hot white coffee is frothy on top and should be tasty because he drank it all without rejecting it. I didn't drink it because I was overwhelmed with sweetness from sugar overload from the cendol.

12.18 noon - total price is MYR 27.95 nett. Nam Heong eatery at pinnacle condo. House of pok is now at this condo too.

11.59 am - I am very interested to try these small bowls of meals to see whether the carb is small portion to fit my requirement or not. Only MYR 5+ but only available from 12 noon.

11.16 am - two chapfan no rice MYR 15 nett Fatty Mixed Rice. His top MYR 8 nett. My chapfan no rice of two vege dishes and two eggs dishes MYR 7 nett.

11.59 am - this lunch set has too much carb for me so is not suitable.

1 comment: